Who We Are
Zume is on a quest to be the most powerful source of health and well-being on the planet. To achieve our objective, we must facilitate the provision of wholesome, affordable food on a global scale and in a sustainable manner. We are meeting this challenge by providing an end-to-end, scalable platform that reduces the time and distance between clean food sources and dense population centers, using cutting-edge automation and transportation logistics. By developing better tools and processes, we can feed people healthier, sustainably-grown food, delivered fresh and free from chemical stabilization.
We have a critical need to make data a superpower at Zume for the benefit of our customers. We are seeking an Analytics Engineer to join our Core Analytics team. You will be part of an amazing team of talented and passionate data experts that work in code and analytics. Every day you get the opportunity to discover new insights in our data as well as setup each of our business units for success by leveraging data to improve decisions. You will build reliable and high-quality data assets and metrics the entire company relies on. Your efforts will also deliver hero analytics and insights to our customers and connect with industry sources to amplify our understanding and impact. You will partner closely with multiple teams including the Science and AI team to enable them to build rich models, the Experiences and Visualizations team to tell amazing visual stories with data, and with our business and customers to help them develop true insights in their businesses and drive decisions and actions with data.
What You'll Do
- Design and deliver Data Assets and Metrics aligned with a key business
- Collaborate with Science & AI to enable deeper modeling and machine learning
- Partner with Experiences & Visualizations to deliver compelling Analytics Visualizations
- Integrate with our Business + Engineering teams to maximize our data value and impact
- Explore and Acquire data from multiple data sources in order to perform analysis
- Drive actions from data
- Ensure all data acquisition, sharing and results of applied recommendations are aligned with company standards.
- 3+ years of data experience including leveraging data platforms and delivering data analytics solutions, and using data to drive action
- 3+ years collaborating with team members to include new ideas and build successfully together
- Bachelor’s degree in Programming/Systems or Computer Science or other related field. Or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency in one or more programming language (R, Python, SQL, C#, Java)
- Experience building visualizations and dashboards (Tableau, Looker)
- Familiarity with cloud data platforms & technology (AWS Kinesis, Azure Data, Google Big Query)
- Ability to manage multiple projects / requirements concurrently
- Detail-oriented person with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Product Management/Program Management to define business and customer success
- Experience with Data Science, Machine Learning, AI
- Experience with data visualizations across both commercial software and open-source capabilities
- Experience providing technical/architectural leadership/guidance as well as mentoring
What We Offer
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- Free and discounted pizza!
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
If you are still reading, then we would love for you to apply to join us. We are a passionate group of data geeks that are building the most innovative disruption in the food supply chain and having fun. Our company has a mission that matters, a culture that enables each of us to be our best and most authentic selves, and the set of people that can win together. Hopefully you are ready to join us.
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.