Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
The Facilities Manager will assist with the oversight of multiple facilities spread across the globe. Responsible for managing the facilities deliverables of all office locations, building and maintaining a team to align with growth plans, and developing best practices and repeatable processes across all sites.
The Facilities Manager has the overall responsibility for overseeing the implementation of policies, procedures, and programs that will assure well-managed, well-maintained buildings and facilities. The position is the primary liaison with the Property Owner and leads the staff in the coordination of services and activities, financials, vendors and manpower required for current and future needs of the building and operations.
As the Facilities Manager, you will be the cross-functional owner of multiple strategic initiatives and manage the day-to-day stakeholder relationships across the organization. You will be a leader responsible for operational leadership of the Facilities team which includes Office Managers, Receptionists and Facilities Coordinators.
What You'll Do
- Manage the life cycle of locating (with Director of Workspaces) and building out of the general office space; Oversees the design and construction requirements for new facilities related capital and expense projects. Works closely with Project Manager to ensure that the project is meeting the requirements and expectations per scope and deadline.
- Oversee tenant improvement projects from conception to completion, including; strategy, SOW development, RFP management, contract execution, and project delivery.
- Strategize and work with initiatives associated with new construction, renovations, and tenant improvements.
- Oversee vendor contracts, including service agreements (MSA and SOW's).
- Own cross-functional strategic initiatives that fundamentally impact Zume’s work environment, covering expansion/growth, technology roll-outs/upgrades, and process improvement.
- Develop a project plan by coordinating with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Track plan progress and proactively solve issues with appropriate stakeholders.
- Maintain a regular reporting cadence to Executive and Operations management.
- Lead various Operations and process definition and improvement initiatives.
- Understand current functional processes and systems.
- Gather requirements for new processes and systems.
- Define new processes and validate with impacted team members.
- If a new system is implemented, manage the vendor search process, secure internal approvals, and support implementation and team member training.
- Examples of in-scope processes include, Hiring / Talent Management, Team Communications, Scheduling, Training / Learning & Development, and other tasks directed by the Director of Workspaces.
- Owns the food program; this includes daily catered lunches, drinks/coffee/tea program. Work closely with the Director of Workspaces on any changes impacting the program and/or budget.
- Operates and maintains building electrical and mechanical systems equipment, including chillers, pumps, cooling towers, air-handling units, and associated components (HVAC). Maintains and operates automated control systems for the building environmental, lighting, and emergency power systems.
- Manages and maintains work environment; this includes office furniture/layout so there is consistency across all sites.
- Responsible for Facilities related Capital & Expense budget planning, management, and performance.
- Supervises the work of subordinates and/or contractors/vendors, or coordinate the workflow of the unit. Assigns, monitors, and prepares work schedules and priorities, and reviews the accuracy of and approves completed work. This includes the management of the Facilities work order system, Jira.
- Work side-by-side with the Workplace Strategist on space planning and MAC’s for all sites.
- Work with IT and Security teams to develop, maintain and enhance business continuity and disaster recovery procedures consistent with best practices.
- Recruits staff to include interviewing, hiring, assigning work, coaching, and counseling to ensure consistent application of guidelines, processes, and procedures. Conducts performance review, and holds employees accountable for performance of their responsibilities.
- Partners with the Design Team to incorporate brand guidelines and attraction initiatives.
- Provide 24/7 support.
Who You Are
- You have 5+ years in tech, consulting, or an operational capacity
- You LOVE working on teams. You have experience leading and working on cross-functional teams, including evidence of:
- End-to-end process or project ownership
- Comfort with complexity and ambiguity
- Curiosity and open-mindedness
- Informal leadership/persuasion
- You possess clear written and verbal communication skills; strong team player
- You are an analytical and strategic thinker
- You have demonstrated a high- level attention to detail and organization
- Must have both breadth and depth of experience in leasing, construction, engineering and all facets of property operation and building management
What We Offer
- 100% Company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- Free and discounted pizza!
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.