Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
What You'll Do
Controls Engineer will report into Software & Controls team of Hardware Engineering that brings up manufacturing lines for packaging product. As key member of the team you will contribute to design and deployment of controls for manufacturing lines while working with vendors to deliver equipment that meets and exceeds Zume's standards. You will be integral part of Zume's software ecosystem that involves Appliance control, Packaging manufacturing line, telemetry, customer management, order management, order execution, order delivery, etc.
- Follow standards for programming and design patterns for PLCs and HMI
- Develop templates based on such standards that can be used by vendors and internal controls team
- Help vendors to adhere to Zume's standards
- Deploy equipment and modify PLC and HMI per operations needs
- Will be based out of our Texas facility or our Mountain View HQ but will routinely be sent out to 3 other Manufacturing facilities
Experience & Skills
- Experience in delivering software and controls for automation equipment from concept to deployment and production
- Strong control systems back ground with experience in servo motion control, Stepper motors, etc. and safety standards
- 4+ years experience in programming in PLC e.g. Allen-Bradley, Siemens or Mitsubishi using ladder logic and SFC for state machine
- 4+ years experience with setting up and using fieldbus such as Ethernet I/P, ProfiNet, OPC UA, ModbusTCP, etc.
- Strong working design experiences with multi-threaded applications
- Strong analytical and proven problem solving skills and attention to details
- Working experience with source control in a team environment
- 4+ years experience with C++ or C# with strong background in object oriented programming and object oriented analysis and design is a plus
- Experience with creating UML designs is a plus
- Working knowledge of designing and implementing finite state machine is a plus
- Experience with Beckhoff PLC is a plus
- BS Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or similar with focus on Controls theory
BS/MS Electrical Engineering (or equivalent – Majors in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Automation Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering)
- Willing to travel domestic: 70%
- International travel (China): 5%
- Initially focus will be on our Southern California facility in Camarillo, CA then will shift focus to our Texas facility *near Dallas when that facility comes online
What We Offer
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision and 75% for you and your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- Free and discounted pizza!
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
- Dog friendly office
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.