Who We Are
One-third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand for food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
Under the direction of the Fleet Supervisor you will play a key role in maintaining, repairing, and installing food service and mobile food facility related equipment as required and other duties as assigned for the efficient operation of the Zume Fleet. Maintain and provide for the safe condition and operation of all food service systems on Mobile Food Facilities (MFF). The role performs the maintenance, diagnosis, and repairs on fleet vehicles and equipment in a safe, efficient, quality-minded and customer-focused manner.
What You'll Do
- Drive and operate the Zume Truck on a rotating schedule for day shifts or evening/night shifts and supports food operations from the truck
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of a truck; following all food safety, quality, service, operational procedures, operate internal tools used to track customer orders, food product inventory, delivery and respond to public questions or concerns in the field, also with the customer care team, Engineering, and Fleet Management as needed.
- Operate equipment including refrigerators, ovens, racks, generators and other items as needed and. drive other company vehicles as needed.
- Complete and verify paperwork to comply with laws and regulations.
- Use a personal vehicle to travel between company locations when executing the loading/unloading, cleaning of the trucks
- Maintain, Repair, Diagnose malfunctions in various types of foodservice and refrigeration systems, calibrate controls, thermostats, switches, fuses, and electrical wiring and expand existing and install new foodservice and refrigeration equipment and systems when required.
- Wire and connect motors, compressors, temperature controls, and humidity controls according to wiring schematics.
- Receive, complete work orders, maintain accurate records on material, labor, inventory of tools, equipment, and materials.
- Respond to emergency calls.
- Other duties as assigned
WHO YOU ARE
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid CA driver’s license
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs
- Working conditions: Frequently works outdoors. Exposed to noise.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including but not limited to lifting, climbing, etc.
- Knowledge of commercial foodservice (kitchen) equipment repairs, maintenance, and installation techniques.
- Knowledge in the operation of electrical control systems
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, schematics, and written reference material.
- Ability to operate a computer, assigned software, mathematical calculations
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems
WHAT WE OFFER
- 100% Company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.