Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
The Market Intelligence Associate works with senior management to support strategic planning activities and decision-making, by providing objective intel/data and actionable recommendations based on assessments of markets and competitors, both existing and potential.
- Identify and collect appropriate customer, competitor, market, economic, financial and/or operational data
- Manage a ‘single source of truth’ resource library and database from which project teams, business units can draw
- Perform financial, statistical, and qualitative data analysis of markets and competitors
- Translate data into executable and effective market and intelligence reports
- Identify and manage 3rd party vendors (of data, consulting, research) and market intelligence tools
Who You Are
The Market Intelligence Associate works closely with leadership to inform strategic decision-making—including insights into the market, customers and competitors. You have a service-provider approach and mentality. You champion efficient and innovative approaches to data/intelligence gathering, analysis and synthesis.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Profiles the overall food supply chain market and competitive environment, providing insights that support strategic decision-making and for use in internal presentations by senior leadership
- Creates and updates comprehensive industry, competitor and customer models including, but not limited to, market share, growth projections and trends, and market forces
- Performs thorough, systematic analysis of key industry trends; the general social economic and political environment; legal and regulatory issues; customers; current and potential competitors
- Provides market and competitive insights through presentations and reports to the Executive Leadership Team and various internal management teams to allow effective strategic and tactical decision-making and implementation
- Supplies the market and competitive intelligence component of strategic planning, and proactively makes recommendations to management concerning key intelligence items that require further consideration
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of data sources, evaluating their credibility and potential utility, and leverages them across the company where appropriate
- Develops and maintains relationships with key internal customers to identify emerging needs and business challenges
- Works with internal business customers to enhance their use of strategic analysis and market and competitor intelligence to ensure that appropriate communication channels are maintained. Collaborates internally to ensure intelligence is shared with appropriate groups and individuals
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of designated markets and trends through reading reports, market research, data manipulation and financial modeling and analysis
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience and a bachelor’s degree in market research, economics or a related quantitative field; or 3 years of relevant market intelligence experience and an MBA or a master’s degree in a research, economics or a related quantitative field
- Must have strong math and analytical skills
- Ability to network effectively at all levels and influence without direct management oversight
- Demonstrated strength in problem solving and analytics and capable of driving insight to action
- Ability to articulate with strong presentation skills and to contribute to executive-level discourse; excellent written communication abilities
- Able to operate within a team environment
What We Offer
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily Catered Lunches
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.