Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
The candidate’s main goal is to develop methods to ensure that Zume products are reliable through research and testing. The candidate is also expected to review industry practices and recommend best applicable practices.
What You'll Do
- Develop and review detailed reliability test plans and procedures
- Carry out shock and vibration testing of Zume products
- Develop new reliability testing methodologies and strategies
- Develop Pass/Fail Criteria and methods
- Perform FA on failing products
- Acquire and recommend new test equipment
- Develop and design needed test fixtures, electrical connections and mechanical connections
- Install, operate and maintain pumps, valves, power lines, cables, controls systems, etc.
- Maintain reliability test lab and testers
- Acquire necessary instrumentation for data acquisition and control
- Generate test reports and recommendations
- Communicate status of test progress
Who You Are
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to scale expertise to new technical areas
- Proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment
- B.S. degree in Engineering or equivalent degree
- Understanding of FMEA and QMS a plus
- Generate clear test reports using MS PPT
What We Offer
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- Free and discounted pizza!
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
- Dog friendly office
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.