Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
As a Packaging Designer, you'll provide engineering support for all packaging development activity for Zume portfolio. This includes realizing your packaging concepts through the entire design process, working closely with Industrial Design, Supply Chain and Operations to prototype and deliver packaging solutions. You are comfortable working with molded fibers and have a passion for sustainability packaging solutions for a healthier planet.
What You'll Do
Be the Domain Owner
- Develop packaging engineering function & processes to deliver packaging visibility to the greater Hardware organization.
- Own and develop process for regulatory and compliance requirements to ensure compatibility for Zume portfolio needs.
- Contribute to upstream package development initiatives, providing insight into latest manufacturing and material technologies.
- Provide cost feasibility, aligning with GSM cost targets.
Be an Internal Partner
- Work closely with ID, HW, Ops, and Program Managers to provide engineering expertise for all packaging development activity.
- Provide engineering evaluation of packaging concepts throughout preliminary design stage.
- Provide analysis of test results and partner with ID team to develop viable solutions.
- Troubleshoot packaging failures (HW cosmetic, package structure, fit/function).
- Partner closely with internal teams and suppliers to provide swift resolution.
- Recommend and support teams as necessary to build a world-class packaging competency.
- Work closely with Package Ops to ensure smooth deployment of packaging structure.
Be an External Partner
- Provide on-site support for manufacturing builds across major product launches.
- Manage Packaging BOM, assembly specifications, and documentation.
- Assist in directing and managing packaging vendors to realize packaging solutions.
- Assist with on-site package prototyping as required.
Who You Are
- 5+ years of experience in package engineering development
- Molded Fiber, thermoforming, or other related experience required
- Chinese language skills, Mandarin and/or Cantonese a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Packaging Engineering, or Packaging Science.
- Knowledge of shock, vibration, and the effect of temperature variation in product protection and package design.
- Experience in the following manufacturing/material processes: Molded Fiber, Paper Pulp, Thermoforming, Corrugated, Labels, etc.
- Knowledge of packaging manufacturing, printing, and production processes.
- Experience with 2D and 3D CAD (AutoCAD/SolidWorks/NX).
- Experience in ArtiosCAD, CAPE/TOPS, or other packaging design software.
What We Offer
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.