Zume's mobile kitchens, automation, connected appliances and predictive analytics enable food brands to move their operations closer to customers and use resources more efficiently, resulting in superior economics.
WHO WE ARE
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
As the Director of the Fleet Operations Center, you will be responsible for leading a highly specialized team with the primary focus of ensuring the dispatch, uptime, and successful performance of our mobile kitchen fleet, which ultimately leads to a world-class experience for our customers, drivers, and employees. When not remediating service impacting incidents, the Operations Center team is the service owner for our network, responsible for incident root cause analysis, proactive measures to increase real-time fleet stability and performance, process improvement to reduce human error, and game day exercises, while driving monitoring improvements and alert-handling automation. The leader in this role must be focused on people and team health, key industry-leading operations center practices and design, service ownership, and agile leadership. You should have an uncanny ability to understand distributed-network truck and fleet operations, pinpoint problem areas, and drive high availability. You will represent the Operations Center organization in cross-functional meetings and own decisions related to our network operations policies and methods.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead the Operations Center Team & drive the day-to-day functioning and safety of our mobile kitchen fleet for all domestic hubs
- Communicate Zume forward's service vision, setting clear objectives, and motivating our operations center employees to deliver the best level of service to our customers and employees.
- Participate in high-severity outage bridges to ensure appropriate network resources are engaged, provide technical guidance as necessary, and communicate status to senior leaders.
- Ensure prompt completion of incident-related root cause analyses.
- Implement field processes, systems and protocols that will serve as the focal point for monitoring, identifying, and driving the resolution of emerging technical or mechanical issues across the Ratio ecosystem and customer support network
- Work with the analytics team to build visuals and reporting mechanisms that will ensure accuracy of Operations Center content, metrics and dashboards
- Build a scalable world class 24x7 customer response process that will quickly acknowledge, analyze and resolve any field fleet requests or issues
- Develop SOPs and predictive tools for effective employee workload balancing of incoming field requests
- Build KPI’s and SLA’s to measure performance, operational excellence and identify opportunities for improvement.
WHO YOU ARE
- 5 years of experience in the transportation, freight or aviation industry
- 7-10 years of leadership experience
- Background in running an operations response or command center with a strong preference for someone with experience on a 24x7 team responsible for maintaining the uptime of a large-scale operation
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.