WHO WE ARE
Zume is on a quest to be the most powerful source of health and well-being on the planet. To achieve our objective, we must facilitate the provision of wholesome, affordable food on a global scale and in a sustainable manner. We are meeting this challenge by providing an end-to-end, scalable platform that reduces the time and distance between clean food sources and dense population centers, using cutting-edge automation and transportation logistics. By developing better tools and processes, we can feed people healthier, sustainably-grown food, delivered fresh and free from chemical stabilization.
As a Product Owner at Zume, you will represent the interests of your customers and the business through defining and prioritizing your teams’ backlogs aligned with the broader product strategy and vision. You will partner and engage with a highly experienced group of Product Managers and cross-functional leaders to deeply understand problem statements and manage the development and delivery of sustained incremental value to Zume and its customers.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate closely with Product Managers, Engineers, Solution Managers, Solution Architects, and other stakeholders to turn product features into prioritized work for your teams.
- Manage the delivery of customer and business value by owning your teams’ backlogs: you will define and prioritize stories, establish acceptance criteria, identify cross-dependencies, and always keep your backlogs updated.
- Be your customers’ voice for your teams and seek out opportunities to connect your teams with end users, stakeholders, and customers to develop and improve their understanding of and empathy for your customers.
- Review your teams’ deliverables and lead sprint/product demonstrations, user acceptance test plans, launch plans as necessary. You will lead retrospective meetings with your teams to continuously inspect and adapt the product or solution for the next development cycle.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Program Management, your stakeholder community, and your teams to define and plan releases.
- Provide input and feedback to Product Managers on the product roadmap and overall product vision.
- Own gathering metrics and measurement for the features released through your backlog, and you will use them to inform future direction.
WHO YOU ARE
- Undergraduate degree with 4-6 years of experience or graduate degree with 2-5 years of experience being a Product Owner or Product Manager.
- Master of Science or MBA preferred.
- Knowledge of agile concepts and lean product and engineering values required.
- Ability to understand complex ideas and problem statements, break them down into smaller, sequential planned increments of value, while understanding the larger product and engineering inter-dependencies to build and deliver the right solutions.
- Ability to use data and narratives to guide your team to understand problem statements and impact of the solution to customers and the business. In addition, use data to guide your customers and your stakeholder community to understand the value of planned deliverables through data
- Demonstrated ability to be an effective engineering thought partner to technical leads and teams.
- You have the ability to learn quickly and hit the ground running.
- You are a strong problem-solver with great communication and analytical skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- Free and discounted pizza!
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.