WHO WE ARE
Zume is on a quest to be the most powerful source of health and well-being on the planet. To achieve our objective, we must facilitate the provision of wholesome, affordable food on a global scale and in a sustainable manner. We are meeting this challenge by providing an end-to-end, scalable platform that reduces the time and distance between clean food sources and dense population centers, using cutting-edge automation and transportation logistics. By developing better tools and processes, we can feed people healthier, sustainably-grown food, delivered fresh and free from chemical stabilization.
Zume’s award winning Pod Packaging is the biggest innovation in delivery packaging since the mini pizza table. This division is looking for a strong Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning (SIOP) Director to develop, implement and own the demand planning function such that sales forecasts will be used to align purchasing decisions from Zume’s Supply Chain team. You will be responsible for overall strategic planning activities ensuring a robust demand planning process is in place which allows work to be scheduled in line with customer’s expectations whilst achieving optimum use of staff, equipment and facilities, thereby maximizing capacity, productivity and efficiency. In addition, the Director of SIOP will work closely with local supply chain teams to develop Planning Bill of Materials (BOMs), SIOP Metrics and Inventory Plans.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Assume primary responsibility for structuring and executing operational and strategic initiatives, developing work plans, gathering and synthesizing relevant data, leading analyses, and developing final recommendations
- Develop and implement a capacity model and use this tool to communicate capacity constraints to the Operations and Commercial teams. Work with Operations and the Network Expansion team to develop plans to address these constraints
- Develop excellent understanding of complex processes from beginning to end and all steps in detail to perform troubleshooting and process improvement effectively
- Manage, maintain and enhance SIOP operational processes based on throughput, customer service, and all other company and/or departmental goals
- Evaluate, test, recommend and implement changes that could improve service, cycle time, throughput efficiency, inventory levels, etc.
- Identify scheduling constraints and test various methods and strategies to reduce or eliminate those constraints
- Collate capacity metric results and review sales forecasts periodically to issue reports to key stakeholders within the business
- Develop and maintain periodic status reports to keep management informed on forecasting and capacity performance
- Analyze reports and participate in projects to eliminate backlogs, optimize timelines, and increase customer service.
- Actively develop and build a collaborative team through regular communication and feedback, within the Manufacturing facilities and with the Senior Management team
- Build close relationships with Managers, Supervisors and staff to improve scheduling, capacity, and forecasting processes
- Work with global planning teams as needed to ensure planning designs and requirements are coordinated across the global team
- Identify and implement business systems applications to support SIOP processes
- Support the development of a sales and operations planning culture through the design, execution and operational management of a sales and operations planning (S&OP) process
- Establish and lead meetings while ensuring appropriate metrics, recommendations and a schedule is built into the monthly management processes
- Identify key data needs and inputs for the SIOP process and establish standardized formats for the data
- Collaborate with relevant parties to assist in obtaining the required data inputs for the SIOP process
- Manage the process and cultural changes associated with the SIOP process with all stakeholders and departments
- Assess the new SIOP process' effect on other business processes and assist departments in managing their internal change requirements
- Identify short/long term improvements that can be implemented quickly to achieve desired Sales results.
- Present SIOP data to senior leaders on a regular basis
WHO YOU ARE
- Deep understanding of SIOP, MRP (Material Requirements Planning), master scheduling and capacity planning.
- At minimum, 5 years of leadership experience
- Ability to work in a multifunctional environment.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to integrate data from different sources and make reasonable conclusions in an environment of demanding deadlines and time frames
- Understanding of the structure and functionality in the integrated systems architecture. Knowledge and skill on databases and planning systems is required
- Excellent knowledge of Excel
- Strong project management skills
- Cross group collaboration experience: easily connecting and building bridges with counterparts within different parts of the organization
- 10-15% Travel
WHAT WE OFFER
- 100% Company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.