Who We Are
Zume is engineering the world's transition to a sustainable food future by creating a “sustainability fabric” of technology solutions designed to make the food supply chain smarter and more connected to help brands move food closer to demand, improve efficiency and reduce waste. We're innovating in the fields of AI/ML, predictive analytics, IoT, Robotics, power technology, logistics, and more. Zume’s solutions include Zume Forward, which helps food companies predict demand and deploy food and goods where people want them; Zume Source, which provides economically superior and more sustainable alternatives for how food is grown, transported, prepared and packaged; and Zume Culinary, which optimizes cuisines for food delivery customers.
We’re looking for an experienced Machine Learning Engineer to own our Science and Modeling platform. You will be on the team building the platform that powers our Data Science, Model Training & Evaluation, and API’s.
What You'll Do
- Assert that all production tasks are working in terms of actual execution & scheduling.
- Contributing to machine learning libraries often adding new functionalities.
- Ensure that data science code is maintainable, scalable and debuggable.
- Automate & abstract away repeatable routines that are present in most ML tasks.
- Evangelize best software development practices with the data science team
- Improve and help streamline the Data Scientist workflow.
- Chooses the best operational architecture together with DevOpss team.
- Look constantly for possible performance improvements
- Decide which ML technologies will be used in production environment.
- Build infrastructure to train and evaluate a variety of models.
- Stand up the services used for production prediction and modeling.
- Evaluate and improve model selection algorithms.
- Deploy algorithms and models to improve prediction and ranking performance.
- Generalize model training to include diverse data stores.
- Develop, scale, and maintain our distributed systems.
The Ratio platform is a scalable, end-to-end solution that provides food companies with a cutting-edge, flexible system to cook en route, predict inventory, and meet customer demand — wherever that customer may be.
The core technologies used internal to the AI & ML Platform include node.js, Express, vue.js, Redis, Postgres, BigQuery, Python, TensorFlow, containerized with Docker, deployed to Kubernetes in GCP. We also use distributed systems that communicate with our one of a kind Bake-On-The-Way food delivery platform, food prep robotics, and several other SaaS providers.
Who you are
A generalist focused on building data products and making data science work in production.
- 7+ years experience building service oriented infrastructure and API driven systems in production environments
- 10+ Experience with SQL and NoSQL DBs
- Experience crafting and implementing APIs & ETLs
- Understanding and familiarity with common ML techniques
- Software development experience in Node.js
- A strong sense of ownership and team responsibility
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Typescript and Python
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, and more specifically the ML Engine
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Previous experience at a startup
What we offer
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Ownership via Stock Options
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- Free and discounted pizza!
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.