Who we are
Zume is on a quest to be the most powerful source of health and well-being in the world. To achieve our objective, we must facilitate the provision of wholesome, affordable food on a global scale and in a sustainable manner. We are meeting this challenge by providing an end-to-end, scalable platform that reduces the time and distance between clean food sources and dense population centers, using cutting-edge automation and transportation logistics. By developing better tools and processes, we can feed people healthier, sustainably-grown food, delivered fresh and free from chemical stabilization.
We’re looking for an experienced Machine Learning Engineer to own our Science and Modeling platform. You will be on the team building the platform that powers our Data Science, Model Training & Evaluation, and API’s.
What You'll Do
- Assert that all production tasks are working in terms of actual execution & scheduling.
- Contributing to machine learning libraries often adding new functionalities.
- Ensure that data science code is maintainable, scalable and debuggable.
- Automate & abstract away repeatable routines that are present in most ML tasks.
- Evangelize best software development practices with the data science team
- Improve and help streamline the Data Scientist workflow.
- Chooses the best operational architecture together with DevOpss team.
- Look constantly for possible performance improvements
- Decide which ML technologies will be used in production environment.
- Build infrastructure to train and evaluate a variety of models.
- Stand up the services used for production prediction and modeling.
- Evaluate and improve model selection algorithms.
- Deploy algorithms and models to improve prediction and ranking performance.
- Generalize model training to include diverse data stores.
- Develop, scale, and maintain our distributed systems.
The Ratio platform is a scalable, end-to-end solution that provides food companies with a cutting-edge, flexible system to cook en route, predict inventory, and meet customer demand — wherever that customer may be.
The core technologies used internal to the AI & ML Platform include node.js, Express, vue.js, Redis, Postgres, BigQuery, Python, TensorFlow, containerized with Docker, deployed to Kubernetes in GCP. We also use distributed systems that communicate with our one of a kind Bake-On-The-Way food delivery platform, food prep robotics, and several other SaaS providers.
Who you are
A generalist focused on building data products and making data science work in production.
- Experience building service oriented infrastructure and API driven systems
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL DBs
- Experience crafting and implementing APIs & ETLs
- Understanding and familiarity with common ML techniques
- Software development experience in Node.js
- A strong sense of ownership and team responsibility
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Typescript and Python
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, and more specifically the ML Engine
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with CUDA libraries and debug utilities
- Experience with Time Series and Graph DBs
- Experience with Tableau, or other Business Analytics tools
- Previous experience at a startup
- Previously participated in FIRST Robotics
What we offer
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Ownership via Stock Options
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- Free and discounted pizza!
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.