Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
You will be part of an amazing team of talented and passionate data experts. Help design and develop data visualizations that extract key insights, trends, and patterns from our data, which might otherwise go unnoticed.
Partner closely with multiple teams including the Science and AI to create compelling, clear, and rich visualization experiences to tell amazing stories with data.
Tell a clear story and highlight insights, by understanding our internal business logic and mental models of stakeholders.
Figure out what's important to the business, to specific partners, and understand core needs from the data and people. Communicate information through visualizations and insights across the company.
You will partner closely with multiple teams including the Science and AI team to enable the team to build rich experiences with visualizations that tell amazing visual stories with data, and with our business and customers to help develop insights in our business and drive decisions and actions with data.
What You'll Do
- Envision, design, and deliver our core Data Visualization Experiences
- Partner with Science & AI to enable deeper modeling and machine learning
- Integrate with our Business + Engineering teams to maximize our data value and impact
- Explore and Acquire data from multiple data sources in order to perform analysis
- Drive actions from data
- 7+ years of data experience including data visualization, business intelligence, engineering data platforms, data analytic solutions, and using data to drive action
- 5+ years collaborating with team members to include new ideas and build successfully together
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent. Surprise us!
- Experience building visualizations and dashboards (Tableau, Looker)
- Experience with cloud data platforms & technology (Google Cloud Platform, Big Query)
- Ability to manage multiple projects / requirements concurrently
- A detail-oriented person with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Product/Program Management to define business and customer success
- Experience with Data Visualizations across both enterprise software and open-source capabilities
- Experience providing technical/architectural leadership/guidance as well as mentoring
WHAT WE OFFER
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- Free and discounted pizza (in the Bay Area)!
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
If you are still reading, then we would love for you to apply to join us. We are a passionate group of data geeks who are building the most innovative disruption in the food supply chain and having fun. Our company has a mission that matters, a culture that enables each of us to be our best and most authentic selves, and the set of people that can win together.
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.