Who We Are
Zume is on a quest to be the most powerful source of health and well-being on the planet. To achieve our objective, we must facilitate the provision of wholesome, affordable food on a global scale and in a sustainable manner. We are meeting this challenge by providing an end-to-end, scalable platform that reduces the time and distance between clean food sources and dense population centers, using cutting-edge automation and transportation logistics. By developing better tools and processes, we can feed people healthier, sustainably-grown food, delivered fresh and free from chemical stabilization.
We have a critical need to make data a superpower at Zume for the benefit of our customers. This role will own Analytics across our company. You will build an amazing team of talented and passionate data experts that work in code and analytics. Your team will deliver the set of reliable and high quality data assets and metrics the entire company relies on. You and your team will also deliver hero analytics and insights to our customers and connect with industry sources to amplify our understanding and impact. You will partner closely with multiple teams including the Science and AI team to enable them to build rich models, the Experiences and Visualizations team to tell amazing visual stories with data, and with our business and customers to help them develop true insights in their businesses and drive decisions and actions with data.
What You'll Do
- Envision, design, and deliver the Analytics Platform
- Envision, design, and deliver our core Data Assets and Metrics
- Partner with Science & AI to enable deeper modeling and machine learning
- Partner with Experiences & Viz to deliver compelling Analytics Visualizations
- Hire and grow a team to deliver on your charter
- Integrate with our Business + Engineering teams to maximize our data value and impact
- Explore and Acquire data from multiple data sources in order to perform analysis
- Drive actions from data
- Ensures all data acquisition, sharing and results of applied recommendations are compliant with company standards.
- 10+ years of data experience including building data platforms, data analytics solutions, and using data to drive action
- 7+ Years Experience in leading teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Programming/Systems or Computer Science or other related field. Or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency in one or more programming language (R, Python, SQL)
- Experience building visualizations and dashboards (Tableau, Shiny)
- Experience with data science at scale (cloud platforms)
- Ability to manage multiple projects / requirements concurrently
- Detail-oriented person with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with Product Management/Program Management to define business and customer success and deliver with your team and partner teams
- Experience with Data Science, Machine Learning, AI
- Experience with data visualizations across both commercial software and open-source capabilities
- Experience providing technical/architectural leadership/guidance as well as team coaching and mentoring
WHAT WE OFFER
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- Free and discounted pizza!
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.