Who We Are
Zume is engineering the world's transition to a sustainable food future by creating a “sustainability fabric” of technology solutions designed to make the food supply chain smarter and more connected to help brands move food closer to demand, improve efficiency and reduce waste. We're innovating in the fields of AI/ML, predictive analytics, IoT, Robotics, power technology, logistics, and more. Zume’s solutions include Zume Forward, which helps food companies predict demand and deploy food and goods where people want them; Zume Source, which provides economically superior and more sustainable alternatives for how food is grown, transported, prepared and packaged; and Zume Culinary, which optimizes cuisines for food delivery customers.
We have a critical need to make data a superpower at Zume for the benefit of our customers. As the Data Governance and Information Architecture Lead, you will help us deliver data value for our customers in a trustworthy way. We are incredibly committed to earning our customers' trust with data and to help us drive a governance framework and bring to bear powerful tools and simple processes to exceed our customer expectations. We also need you to follow a common data pattern and align our information architecture to enable our business success and our governance requirements. This includes working with our data, engineering, legal, and business teams to align to a single data strategy, connecting with external companies and partners, driving standards, and aligning to industry standard methodologies.
What You'll Do
- Envision, design, and deliver the Data Governance Strategy
- Envision, design, and deliver our Data Catalog capability
- Lead the Information Architecture for our data assets in partnership with our Analytics and Science/AI teams
- Engage with industry leaders to define and adopt leading practices for Governance
- Align with compliance requirements and standards and drive the company's success with customers and regulators for a trustworthy model.
- Engage with our business and customers to ensure we earn a reputation as best in class with trustworthy data practices
- 7+ years of data experience including building data platforms, data analytics solutions, and using data to drive action
- 4+ years experience with data governance and compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in Programming/Systems or Computer Science or other related field. Or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency in one or more programming language (R, Python, SQL)
- Experience building visualizations and dashboards (Tableau, Shiny)
- Ability to lead multiple projects / requirements concurrently
- Ability to demonstrate strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with executives and customers.
- Detail-oriented person with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with Product Management/Program Management to define business and customer success and deliver with your team and partner teams
- Experience with Data Science, Machine Learning, AI
- Experience with data visualizations across both commercial software and open-source capabilities
- Experience providing technical/architectural leadership/guidance as well as team coaching and mentoring
What We Offer
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- Free and discounted pizza!
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
If you are still reading, then we would love for you to apply to join us. We are a passionate group of data geeks that are building the most innovative disruption in the food supply chain and having fun. Our company has a mission that matters, a culture that enables each of us to be our best and most authentic selves, and the set of people that can win together.
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.