Who We Are
Zume is on a quest to be the most powerful source of health and well-being on the planet. To achieve our objective, we must facilitate the provision of wholesome, affordable food on a global scale and in a sustainable manner. We are meeting this challenge by providing an end-to-end, scalable platform that reduces the time and distance between clean food sources and dense population centers, using cutting-edge automation and transportation logistics. By developing better tools and processes, we can feed people healthier, sustainably-grown food, delivered fresh and free from chemical stabilization.
Provide design and layout expertise for production plant systems including capitol equipment placement, HVAC systems, fire protection and other facilities for Environmental Technologies, Mission Critical, Electronics and other High-Tech Infrastructure industries as assigned. Other duties may include mechanical design of industrial appliances such as kitchen equipment, frames, sheet metal and weldments.
What You'll Do
- Work with the lead engineer to understand the scope of work, schedule, budget, project instructions and responsibilities
- Work with lead engineer to determine intent and contents of each drawing. Typical project drawing deliverables include equipment layouts, piping plans, sections, details, process, equipment schedules, fire suppression systems, etc.
- Complete drawing responsibility tasks within scope, budget and schedule. Review drawings for completeness and constructibility. Coordinate with all other disciplines
- Perform field verification and as built activities, produce clear field reports with detailed sketches, written and verbal instructions
- Attend client review meetings and present technical drawings as needed
- Follow all company and project file management protocols and procedures
- Excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD MEP program and actively participates in focus evaluation groups
- Makes suggestions and recommendations for improvement including changes to work flow to implement
- Good understanding of pipe support specifications and products. Awareness of space requirements for pipe supports in pipe design
- Able to operate independently with minimal supervision on designs/layouts
- Other duties as assigned by the Hardware Engineering Manager
- Ensure final designs comply with regulations and quality standards
- Design diagrams, maps and layouts to illustrate workflow
- Calculate dimensions, weight limitations and requirements in material
Who You Are
- 3 - 5 years of factory layout and design experience in food grade wet press processing, packaging or similar industry
- BS preferred in industrial or mechanical fields, Associates Degree/Technical Diploma in Drafting or equivalent years of experience will be considered
- Experience in equipment layout, pipe, HVAC and P&ID’s
- Strong AutoCAD MEP experience, good SolidWorks 2018 3D modeling understanding
- Proficiency using Google Docs, Microsoft tools such as MS Word, Outlook and Excel
- Require a team player with good interpersonal and communication skills, including both written and verbal communications
- Desire to concentrate on details
- Willingness to travel and ability to visit project sites
- Good analytical skills including the ability to recognize and solve design problems
- Good understanding of engineering work processes and project execution
- Able to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Experience coordinating with other disciplines, designers, and engineers
- Ability to determine material needs and perform necessary calculations using accepted formulas and reference material
What We Offer
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- Free and discounted pizza!
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
- Dog friendly office
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.