Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
Zume is looking for an Infrastructure Software Engineering Manager who deeply understands SaaS infrastructure. As a software infrastructure manager, you not only have the technical skills to roll up your sleeves and provide technical leadership on major projects but will also empower and develop your teams to do the same. You will advocate and act as a subject matter authority for engineering infrastructure within your area using communication to take the lead on a variety of global initiatives.
- Partner closely with software engineering teams to develop new features and services
- Address any downtime or production issues on an SOS basis
- Hands-on technical guidance for your team
- Staying informed with evolving technologies and tools in the cloud domain
- Finding opportunities to automate otherwise repetitive tasks
- Planning and executing Infrastructure improvement projects
- Auditing usage and ensuring that infrastructure is expertly used
The core technology is Node.js, Express, Redis, RabbitMQ, Postgres on Google Cloud Platform. We also use distributed systems that communicate with our one of a kind Bake-On-The-Way food delivery platform, food prep robotics and several other SaaS providers.
- Strong understanding of Unix system administration capabilities, hands-on scripting, SQL queries, relational and non-relational database handling, Hadoop Web Servers, firewalls, and load balancer handling
- Experience in handling micro-services deployments, docker, Kafka, etc.
- Good understanding of cloud vendors (AWS, Google Cloud, etc.)
- Previous experience leading a team of infrastructure software engineers.
- Have exposure to a large set of automation tools and open source tools
- Experience with Site Reliability engineering
- Ability to lead a lean, highly effective organization, making strategic trade-offs that are in priority when needed
- Develop and grow talented Infrastructure and Ops engineers ranging from junior to senior levels of experience
- Excellent written communication, interpersonal communication and documentation skills
- Previous experience at a startup
- Knowledge of administering diverse micro services in a production environment
- Experience with delivery and logistics systems, particularly at scale
What We Offer
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- Dog friendly office
- Free and discounted pizza in the Bay Area!
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.