Who We Are
Zume is on a quest to be the most powerful source of health and well-being on the planet. To achieve our objective, we must facilitate the provision of wholesome, affordable food on a global scale and in a sustainable manner. We are meeting this challenge by providing an end-to-end, scalable platform that reduces the time and distance between clean food sources and dense population centers, using cutting-edge automation and transportation logistics. By developing better tools and processes, we can feed people healthier, sustainably-grown food, delivered fresh and free from chemical stabilization.
You will be part of an enthusiastic, dynamic, results-oriented team of mechanical, electrical, software development engineers and product managers working to define, develop and manufacture industrial grade kitchen appliances and support equipment products. The ideal candidate is one who understands electro-mechanical subsystems and how they interact with software, manufacturing, service, and external vendors, to fulfill product requirements.
What You'll Do
- Direct own activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction and operational testing conform to functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Use computer assisted engineering and design software to perform engineering tasks
- Complete design documentation and Engineering Change Orders, as required
- Participate in system requirements reviews with internal and external stakeholders (suppliers) as required
- Propose alternative system concepts in collaboration with the lead electrical, mechanical and software engineers, to meet product definitions and evaluate based on risk, product cost, performance, safety, and reliability considerations
- Ensure that design implementation, test, and maintenance methods and processes are developed and executed in a manner that supports quality standards, whether designed in-house, or utilizing suppliers
- Perform a wide variety of technical tasks to assist design engineers with developmental operations
- Assist in troubleshooting for project, at system and sub-system level
- Recognize and report problems affecting successful completion of project, is active in suggesting or effecting solution
- Technical contributor to generation of specifications and schedules
- Manage outside resources, as required
- Strong background in 3D modeling, Solidworks ≥ 2018
- Ability to understand interactions among components in a complex system and how they affect system performance
- Proficient with systems engineering methodologies and tools
- In-depth understanding of all technical aspects of a project, with strong understanding of system level interface requirements
- Sound analytical and communication skills essential
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Master's degree in Engineering, a plus
- A minimum of 4 years of experience designing, developing and integration of complex electro-mechanical capital equipment or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience preferred
- Experience with DFM (Design For Manufacturability)
- Experience with CM Management (Contract Manufacturing), CM Design and Drafting Packages and Documentation
- Experience developing Assembly Drawings & Instructions
- Experience building Large Scale for production
- Experience developing Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT)
- Experience developing Site Acceptance Tests (SAT)
What We Offer
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- Free and discounted pizza!
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
- Dog friendly office
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.