Who We Are
Zume is on a quest to be the most powerful source of health and well-being on the planet. To achieve our objective, we must facilitate the provision of wholesome, affordable food on a global scale and in a sustainable manner. We are meeting this challenge by providing an end-to-end, scalable platform that reduces the time and distance between clean food sources and dense population centers, using cutting-edge automation and transportation logistics. By developing better tools and processes, we can feed people healthier, sustainably-grown food, delivered fresh and free from chemical stabilization.
The Plant Operator will be responsible for the plants daily operations. Monitors, operates process control equipment, including valving, packaging, and engineering. You will play an important role in ensuring our warehouse operates with optimum precision and efficiency, helping fulfill orders and prepare them for shipment. Forklift certification and previous warehouse experience are a major plus.
What You'll Do
- Work under the supervision and direction of the plant supervisor and manager.
- Oversee plant operations
- Use forklifts, pallet jacks, hand carts etc. to transfer and deliver goods.
- Perform detailed manual inventory counts.
- Ensure plant adheres to safety and environmental rules.
- Ensure tools and equipment are kept clean and in working order.
- Report any equipment are kept clean and in working order.
- Follow all warehouse policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Adhere to health and safety rules and regulations at all times.
- Wear protective clothing and equipment as required.
- Handle material and cargo.
- Replenish inventory as needed.
- Operate tools and machinery safely and efficiently according to company protocol.
- Work with other warehouse team members to effectively complete assigned tasks.
Who You Are
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Previous warehouse experience preferred.
- Forklift certification and/or ability to successfully complete forklift training.
- Physical stamina; must be able to lift 30-50 pounds at a time.
- Able to work long hours on one’s feet and perform physically demanding tasks.
- Familiar with common warehouse tools and equipment.
- Thorough, alert, and detail-oriented.
- Dependable and responsible.
- Strong work ethic.
- Comfortable working independently or on a team.
What We Offer
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.