Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
Zume is looking for a seasoned, process-driven Product Design Manager who loves and obsesses over creating amazing screen experiences for our customers, partners, and employees.
As the manager for Product Design, you will play an essential role in leading the Product Design team in collaborating with the Product, Engineering, Marketing, Culinary, Operations, and People teams to build tools our employees use, customer-facing apps and our websites. You’ll lead the team in research, prototyping, user testing, translating flows & ideas into wireframes, testing prototypes with stakeholders, and collaborating with developers on creating pixel-perfect interfaces & seamless integration of new features.
- Lead, mentor, and grow a team of Product Designers and UX Writers.
- Create modular design systems as they apply to product or marketing experiences and needs, with focus on consistency and attention to the smallest detail
- Lead user research to understand the needs, challenges, and pain points for users that include pizza lovers, fleet operators, chefs, delivery drivers and more.
- Work across varying products with a propensity to learn quickly and immerse yourself and your team in new customer journeys and experiences
- Partner with other teams to understand product requirements/specifications to drive the best work
- Help to define the long term vision of the products designed and roadmap
- Work closely with the Director of Design to constantly innovate and push for new ways to improve process and communication between designers, engineers, and stakeholders.
- Help to build an organization that is diverse and inclusive, and where each person represents our company values
- Help tell the Zume Pizza, Zume, and Partner stories, and build our brands.
- Work closely with the Brand Design team to update and improve guidelines, stylesheets to maintain a cohesive experience across the system
- We work primarily out of the SF office, and sometimes travel to Mountain View for user research, presentations, and close collaboration with engineering teams
What You'll Bring
- A portfolio link
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, or similar
- 6+ years of experience in Product/UX/UI Design
- 1-2 years of small team product design management experience
- Strong background in interaction design with a great eye for beautiful composition, typography, and color
- Excellent communication and presentation skills that will allow you to defend complex design ideas
- A passion for the creative process in a willingness to both offer and accept critique.
- Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud, InVision expertise
- Iterative growth mindset in the work, process, and team
- Enthusiastic team player with collaborative spirit
- Prior experience working with food or distributed operations environment a plus
- Past startup and/or agency experience a plus
- Sense of humor, a plus
What We Offer
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- Free and discounted pizza!
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.