Zume is on a quest to be the most powerful source of health and well-being on the planet. We started by partnering people with technology to create a more thoughtful and efficient way to source, make, bake and deliver pizza. In the process, we are delivering an artisan pizza that takes care of the people who eat it and make it, and even takes better care of the planet we all love—a planet 9 billion people will inhabit by mid-century.
The health and well-being of people and our planet is dependent upon sustainably feeding that population with wholesome, affordable food on a global scale. Zume is meeting this challenge with an end-to-end, scalable platform that reduces the time and distance between clean food sources and dense population centers, using cutting-edge automation and transportation logistics. By developing better tools and processes, we can feed people healthier, sustainably-grown food, delivered fresh and free from chemical stabilization.
We have an employee-first philosophy and we’re deeply committed to investing in the happiness, satisfaction and success of everyone we work with. We are looking for a team who feels the same way. Join us as we change the way people think about food.
Zume is looking for passionate mid-level software engineers to help build, improve, and scale our products. You will be using your solid foundations in computer science and your industry experience to design and build many of the major features that enable a complex logistics machine to run smoothly and flawlessly, to the delight of Zume’s customers. Shipping these features will require good communication both within your scrum team as well as cross-functionally with other stakeholders and teams.
What You'll Do
- You will be one of the key contributors in a 6-10 person agile development team building and improving features/services within the Zume platform in short development cycles
- You become the SME (Subject matter expert) on one or more of the components that you have helped design/implement.
- You work in close coordination with product managers, architects/team leads and your scrum team to help achieve self and team goals.
- You follow and enforce coding standards and best practices to ensure team is delivering cohesive, readable code
- You bring in a test first mentality and implement comprehensive unit/integration tests
- You participate in code reviews to ensure all accepted code is consistent, efficient, robust and reusable
- You periodically drive the definition and architecture of a component/feature in the platform and present it in front of a bigger technical audience to gather feedback.
- You build metrics and measurements alongside core features to help make informed business decisions
- You implement customer facing features and integrate them with the Zume platform
- You participate in on-call rotation and troubleshoot and solve problems
- Programming Languages: Node.js/Typescript
- Development & Deployment environment: Bitbucket, Linux, Heroku and Google Cloud
- Web Frameworks: HTML, CSS, Express, vue.js
- Database/Caching layer: Postgres, SQL, redis
- Message Queue: RabbitMQ
Who You Are
- At least 3-5 years of professional server side development using Node.js, Python or Java
- Experience building service oriented infrastructure and API driven systems
- Expert at RESTful API design and MVC architecture
- Professional experience with databases (i.e MySQL, Postgres, Oracle) and SQL
- Extremely good at algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis
- A strong sense of ownership and team responsibility
- Successful track record of delivering results in complex cross-functional projects.
- Ability to be productive on a rapidly growing team and in a fast paced, agile environment
- Be open to mentoring some junior engineers in the team.
- Willing and eager to learn new technologies
- Motivated to solve problems using technology and find the best tool, technique or solution for each project
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Masters in Computer Science
- Familiarity with our current stack
- Experience working with Kubernetes/Docker on Google Cloud Platform
- Experience designing and building microservices
- Experience working with or building common parts of a scalable secure platform such as an API Gateway, IAM and logging/monitoring solutions
- Experience with delivery and logistics systems, particularly at scale
What We Offer
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Ownership via Stock Options
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- Free and discounted pizza
- Dog friendly office
- Culture club that organizes social/cultural events regularly
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.