Who We Are
Zume is on a quest to be the most powerful source of health and well-being on the planet. To achieve our objective, we must facilitate the provision of wholesome, affordable food on a global scale and in a sustainable manner. We are meeting this challenge by providing an end-to-end, scalable platform that reduces the time and distance between clean food sources and dense population centers, using cutting-edge automation and transportation logistics. By developing better tools and processes, we can feed people healthier, sustainably-grown food, delivered fresh and free from chemical stabilization.
Zume needs experienced technology leaders to help build, improve and scale our products. As a Principal Software Engineer, you will be the recognized expert and technical leader in the company. You will help define and drive architecture, develop coding standards, drive technical change and inform long term technical strategy.
- Lead production processes and environments
- Develop, scale, and maintain distributed systems
- Mentor others
- Participate in the pizza production process
- Architect and drive the development of APIs and services
- Implement customer facing features and integrate them with the Zume Platform
The core technology is Node.js, Express, Redis, Pizza, RabbitMQ, Postgres on Heroku. We also use distributed systems that communicate with our one of a kind Bake-On-The-Way food delivery platform, food prep robotics and several other SaaS providers.
- Strong experience in designing, developing and shipping software (12+ years)
- Strong experience building service oriented infrastructure and API driven systems using event sourcing / reactive design models.
- Strong experience in private and public cloud (AWS / GCP / Rackspace etc)
- Expert level understanding of Unix / Linux environments
- Strong experience with SaaS/ PaaS / IaaS production deployments, but not afraid to get down to nuts and bolts of bare metal operations
- Strong experience with delivering applications on the web, distributed systems, databases and networks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with excellent interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Passionate about designing and delivering flexible and scalable components
- Expert in Container ecosystem (Kubernetes / Docker / Helm Charts / Spinnaker)
- Expert in datastores likes MongoDb / Cassandra / PostgreSQL
- Expert in document stores like Elasticsearch
- Expert in Pub/Sub products like Google pub/sub, Kafka , RabbitMQ
- Strong Proponent of Java / Scala and expert in JVM based technologies
- A strong sense of ownership and team responsibility
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Familiarity with our current stack
- Experience in Node.js
- Experience in Supply Chain & E-Commerce
- Previous experience at a startup
- Experience with delivery and logistics systems, particularly at scale
What We Offer
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- Dog friendly office
- Free and discounted pizza!
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.