Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
We are looking for a seasoned, passionate and hands-on Engineering Manager to lead and grow a team of talented and high-impact engineers in the building, improving and scaling of this next-generation Zume Ratio platform. You will own the delivery of major features that enable a complex logistics machine to run smoothly and flawlessly, to the delight of Zume’s customers. In addition to providing the leadership for your team, shipping these features will also require good communication with all stakeholders and solid judgement about how to architect code to both ship quickly and handle changes in the future.
What You'll Do
- Lead and manage a team of engineers through the research, technical design, implementation, testing and deployment of various parts of the platform
- Deliver scalable, secure, resilient, highly available services running on robust deployment architectures with comprehensive health monitoring/alerting
- Spend a good percentage of time writing code, reviewing code of team members and participating in technical architecture discussions to move the team forward
- Maintain effective communication and collaboration with partner teams, both local and remote, in completing interdependent work items
- Ensure adequate visibility of project/feature status to stakeholders
- Manage individual performance, employing ongoing performance feedback and coaching
- Work with each team member in identifying and making progress toward career development goals
Who You Are
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in software engineering, with a minimum of 3 years managing software engineering teams
- Proven track record of successful execution of the full product/service development lifecycle from initial planning to first release and delivering on schedule in a fast paced agile set up
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and to maintain a high degree of technical involvement with your team
- Demonstrated success delivering large-scale, highly available applications and services
- Experienced in managing a team of full-stack engineers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expertise in Java or Node.js based REST apis
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience building parts of a scalable secure platform such as an API Gateway, Identity Access Management or logging/monitoring solutions a plus
- Experience with Kubernetes/Docker on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and CI/CD a plus
What We Offer
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Ownership via Stock Options
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- Free and discounted pizza!
- Dog friendly office
- Culture club that organizes social/cultural events regularly
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.