Zume is looking for a stellar software engineer who will work very closely with feature development teams and build test infrastructure and automate testing to provide instant feedback loop for the product changes. We are looking for engineers who can take a holistic view of all the components (Web / Mobile App, Front End, Back End services/ platforms, Database layers, Data Pipeline etc) that are involved in the Zume ecosystem and develop the right testing methodology for each component along with a comprehensive end to end testing strategy.
- Research, design, build, and maintain test automation solutions that are robust and scalable
- Maintain the end to end test automation and add test cases by working with product management and engineering teams
- Oversee the CI/CD framework and own the Integration / Functional verification and End to End tests
- Diagnosis of product / test failures in CI/CD and production environment. Report defects, and propose testing coverage changes
- Identify the right quality metrics and track them to meet SLAs
- Advocate testability and test driven development and evangelize best practices for defect prevention
- Participate in on-call rotation
THE CURRENT STACK
The core technology is node.js, express, redis, pizza, rabbitmq, postgres on heroku. We also use distributed systems that communicate with our one of a kind Bake-On-The-Way food delivery platform, food prep robotics, and several other SaaS (PaaS / IaaS) providers.
- Experience in designing, building and maintaining Test Automation Frameworks for both Front End and / Back End testing
- Experience in one or more out of Java / Python / Ruby/ Node.Js
- Experience with With Selenium Web Driver driven or Similar frameworks for front end testing
- Experienced with CI/CD pipeline - Jenkins / CircleCI / Kubernetes
- Expert in API contract verification testing
- Experience testing SaaS (PaaS / IaaS) platforms and Distributed Services
- Minimum 6 years experience as a professional software engineer
- A strong sense of ownership, technical leadership and team responsibility
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with our current stack
- Previous experience at a start-up
- Previous experience with large scale distributed software systems design
- Experience with delivery and logistics systems, particularly at scale
WHAT WE OFFER
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Dog friendly office
- Daily catered lunch
- Unlimited vacation balance
- Free and discounted pizza!
- Family-like work culture
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.