Who We Are
Zume is on a quest to be the most powerful source of health and well-being on the planet. To achieve our objective, we must facilitate the provision of wholesome, affordable food on a global scale and in a sustainable manner. We are meeting this challenge by providing an end-to-end, scalable platform that reduces the time and distance between clean food sources and dense population centers, using cutting-edge automation and transportation logistics. By developing better tools and processes, we can feed people healthier, sustainably-grown food, delivered fresh and free from chemical stabilization.
Zume needs experienced technology leaders to help build, improve, and scale our products. You will own the delivery of major features that enable a complex logistics machine to run smoothly and flawlessly, to the delight of Zume’s customers. Shipping these features will require good communication with all stakeholders and solid judgement about how to architect code to both ship quickly and handle changes in the future.
What You'll Do
- You will help lead production processes and environments
- Work in an agile environment to drive the design and development of various services inside our distributed platform on the cloud
- Work with product managers and other engineering leads to determine the deliverables for your scrum team
- Implement customer facing features and integrate them with the Zume Platform
- Develop interfaces with IRL "things" to deliver good food to our customers
- Participate in the pizza production process
- Participate in on-call rotation
The core technology is node.js, express, vue.js, redis, pizza, rabbitmq, postgres on heroku. We also use distributed systems that communicate with our one of a kind Bake-On-The-Way food delivery platform, food prep robotics, and several other SaaS providers.
Who You Are
Ideal candidates will need to be able to understand and work with architectures and code across the whole stack.
- Experience building service oriented infrastructure and API driven systems
- Experience with PaaS production deployments on a public cloud environment, but not afraid to get down to nuts and bolts of bare metal operations
- Experience with delivering applications on the web, distributed systems, databases, and networks
- Passionate about designing and delivering flexible and scalable components
- 5-10 years experience as a professional software engineer
- A strong sense of ownership and team responsibility
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent work experience
- Masters in Computer Science
- Familiarity with our current stack
- Experience working with Kubernetes/Docker on Google Cloud Platform
- Experience designing and building microservices
- Experience working with or building common parts of a scalable platform such as an API Gateway, IAM and logging/monitoring solutions
- Experience with delivery and logistics systems, particularly at scale
What We Offer
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- Free and discounted pizza!
- Dog friendly office
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.