Who We Are
Come along, join our quest to be the most powerful source of health and well-being on the planet. To achieve our objective, we will facilitate the provision of wholesome, affordable food on a global scale, in a sustainable manner. Help us meet this challenge by providing an end-to-end, scalable platform that reduces the time and distance between clean food sources and dense population centers, using cutting-edge automation and transportation logistics. By developing better tools and processes, we can feed people healthier, sustainably-grown food, delivered fresh and free from chemical stabilization.
The Mechanical Engineer for R&D will perform engineering functions to investigate new technologies and methods for various Zume businesses. The tasks involves architecting, designing, building, testing, and documenting of hardware that is consistent with the company mission of engineering a sustainable food future. The scope of the work will range from concept generation to building out working prototypes while collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Assist in identifying and providing solutions for gaps in Zume technology
- Design solutions from concept and simulated models
- Optimization of systems and designs
- Prototype design development, debug and validation
- Design and manufacture of appropriate quality test tooling (both hardware and software)
- Develop tools in a multidisciplinary R&D team
- Collaborate cross-functionally with production engineering and business process stakeholders
Who You Are
- 5+ years industry experience
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Robotics or Hardware Engineering
- Practical experience in: 3D CAD, mechanical design, simulation, prototyping, testing, validation, mass manufacturing
- Hands on, scrappy, fast learner, thinks outside the box, good communicator
- Likes to build things and curious about how things work
- Experience in one or more of the following would be a plus:
- High voltage battery systems
- Data acquisition
What We Offer
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- Free and discounted pizza!
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
- Dog friendly office
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.