Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
We are looking for an Android expert who is passionate about both design and programming. As a member of the Native team, you will work closely with our designers to streamline execution of world class UI/UX for internal and external customer applications. You have an eye for well crafted front-end experiences, an obsession with pixel-perfect design execution, and the experience of building highest quality mobile applications for Android. On a daily basis you will be responsible for translating UI/UX designs, for both our consumer facing and internal applications, into code.
What You'll Do
- Develop, document, and test new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and minimum memory usage
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Who You Are
- Excellent written communication skills
- Deep knowledge Android systems
- Highly skilled in Android/Kotlin/Java
- Experience developing UI/UX and Unit testing
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Understanding REST APIs and web technologies
- Minimum 3-5 years of Android development experience in building and delivering consumer facing app
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Familiarity with iOS, Objective-C, Swift
What We Offer
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- Free and discounted pizza!
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.