Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
The Senior IT Systems Administrator will maintain our information technology systems and networks. You will perform both technical and administrative tasks to ensure functionality and efficiency of computer, telecom, and cloud systems. You are knowledgeable in software, hardware, and network administration. You are a critical thinker and problem-solver with great attention to detail. You will directly support end users with cloud services and desktop/laptop computing needs as well as support the production infrastructure and the engineering team in analyzing solutions and maintaining production systems.
What You'll Do
- Act as a link between end users and higher level support, tracking and coordinating with engineering on all issues
- Provision and configure software and hardware: printers, desktops/laptops, networking equipment, bare metal Linux systems, Cloud Services, Heroku, AWS, G Suite, OneLogin, etc.
- Order, provision, and maintain IT inventory such as laptops, iPhones/iPads, cables, adapters, monitors, keyboards, etc.
- Monitor system and network performance
- Perform troubleshooting, repairs, and data restoration
- Perform maintenance activities
- Maintain user accounts and IT system security screenings
- Maintain mobile device management using VMWare AirWatch
- Maintain proprietary hardware, electronics and automation systems
- Collaborate with other professionals to maintain standards and functionality
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for tasks
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
Who You Are
- Proven experience as IT systems administrator, network administrator, or similar role
- Experience in network management, help desk support
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
- Solid knowledge of IT systems and applications
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair issues
- Great attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and coordination abilities
- Responsibilities sometimes require working nights and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
What We Offer
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- Free and discounted pizza!
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.