Zūm is the leader in children’s rides and care, getting kids safely to-and-from school and activities while providing childcare when needed. Parents get peace of mind knowing drivers are vetted and reliable, while schools get end-to-end student transportation that brings more convenience, visibility and cost-efficiency. To date we’ve driven over 3.5 million miles, giving rides to more than 500K children -- with rides booked by families and 2000+ schools. We are a VC-backed company with funding from top investors including Sequoia Capital and Spark Capital.
As the Head of School Operations (San Francisco Bay Area), you’ll be responsible for the success of our core business, school operations. This is one of the most challenging and rewarding roles at Zum, requiring a diverse set of operational, analytical, sales, and leadership abilities. You’ll manage a team dedicated to delivering the safest and most reliable form of transportation to our school, parent and driver communities. The success of the San Francisco market will ultimately be your responsibility. Working cross-functionally with our sales, product, and engineering, trust and safety, and ride operations teams will be crucial to your success in this role.
- The leadership of, and overall P&L responsibility for the San Francisco Bay Area market.
- Build and develop strong relationships with senior cross-functional leaders (e.g., Sales, Supply, Product and Engineering Leads, Trust & Safety, Rider Operations ) in order to successfully drive overall strategy, cross-functional execution and the long-term growth and profitability of the region.
- Identify and communicate local product needs to product/engineering teams and playbook and share best practices internally to build for scale across the organization
- Remove blockers, solve problems, and find a path forward through ambiguity, operating a dynamic and rapidly growing business across San Francisco Bay Area.
- Recruit, develop and build a rockstar ops team; You will be defining hiring needs and leading the hiring process while managing a growing team of Schools Operations and School Operations managers.
- A minimum of 7 years of proven success in a similar role - leading operations/logistics, leading diverse teams, developing procedures, optimizing systems, and delivering operational goals
- 5+ years of people management experience, high EQ, and proven ability to deliver outstanding results through others in a timely manner using a strong sense of focus, organization, and meticulous attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships, manage a team, influence stakeholders, and inspire others
- Entrepreneurial hustle and proven self-starter with owner’s mentality; some entrepreneurial experience is preferred
- Data-driven mindset, strong business judgment, and proven ability to perform analysis, draw key insights, and form and execute a strategy
- MBA or advanced degree is a plus
- Ability to have a huge impact at an early-stage, mission-driven startup
- Competitive compensation, including cash and equity
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits, including paid membership to One Medical
- Delicious and healthy daily catered lunch
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Fun office environment, overlooking the beautiful waters in Redwood Shores