Zūm is the leader in children’s rides and care, getting kids safely to-and-from school and activities while providing childcare when needed. Parents get peace of mind knowing drivers are vetted and reliable, while schools get end-to-end student transportation that brings more convenience, visibility and cost-efficiency. To date we’ve driven over 3.5 million miles, giving rides to more than 500K children -- with rides booked by families and 2000+ schools. We are a VC-backed company with funding from top investors including Sequoia Capital and Spark Capital.
As an Operations Associate on the vendor team responsible for the health, performance, and coordination with our Vendor Partners, you will be a key member of the Vendor Operations team dedicated to providing vendor partners with industry-leading service. You will lead local monitoring, coordination, and problem-solving of vendor-related activity within your city, delivering on providing the safest and most reliable transportation for children. To ultimately be successful in this role you’ll need to be a strong communicator, problem solver, hustler and extremely organized.
- Coordinating, servicing and problem-solving the day to day activities with our vendor partners
- Communicate with key players on operational issues, handle escalations, and notify City Managers of high need situations
- Work closely with internal stakeholder (school operations, supply team, sales) to develop best practices, policy and operational policies to support vendor operations.
- Monitoring live operations and executing assignment plans, making sudden, late-notice edits and ensuring 100% reliability
- Providing outstanding customer support and streamlining operational processes to help build and support the overall Ops organization
- Project management experience and proven ability to deliver outstanding results through others in a timely manner using a strong sense of focus, organization, and meticulous attention to detail
- A team player of high integrity that is quick in decision making and uses an analytical and data-driven mentality
- A problem solver, willing to learn quickly and do hands-on work, and able to troubleshoot operational problems quickly and efficiently
- A hustler, willing to work irregular hours and be "on call" in support of 24/7 evolving business in our cities
- Passion for Zum, our mission and commitment to providing safe and reliable transportation for children
- Ability to have a huge impact at an early-stage, mission-driven startup
- Competitive compensation, including cash and equity
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits, including paid membership to One Medical
- Delicious and healthy daily catered lunch
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Fun office environment, overlooking the beautiful waters in Redwood Shores