Zūm is the leader in children’s rides and care, getting kids safely to-and-from school and activities while providing childcare when needed. Parents get peace of mind knowing drivers are vetted and reliable, while schools get end-to-end student transportation that brings more convenience, visibility and cost-efficiency. To date we’ve driven over 3.5 million miles, giving rides to more than 500K children -- with rides booked by families and 2000+ schools. We are a VC-backed company with funding from top investors including Sequoia Capital and Spark Capital.
We are looking for a Financial Analyst to join our growing organization. The person will work on both recurring and ad-hoc tasks and projects. In this role you will partner with all groups at Zum (Finance, S&M, R&D, Operations). You will be key in providing financial planning and analysis to the company. You will build complex financial models and will have the opportunity to turn financial insights into strategic decisions for our growing business. In addition, you will support business growth through a combination of building scalable systems and processes. The ideal candidate is a high performer, strategic, analytical, driven and a creative problem-solver.
This is a key role in a fast paced, high-energy, growth environment in an exciting and fun company!
- Build scalable and complex new financial models from scratch, improve existing models.
- Improve the financial budgeting, planning and forecasting process and ensure best practices are implemented across the company.
- Provide ongoing in-depth analysis of Unit Economics and recommend business actions based on the findings.
- Build and maintain a financial dashboard of key business metrics.
- Partner with all other functional organizations to make them more successful.
- Institute methodologies, processes, systems and tools that enable the entire company to scale efficiently.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial and management reports.
- Perform special, ad-hoc projects in as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, economics or related field.
- 2+ years relevant experience. Background in Investment Banking/Consulting/Corporate Finance is a plus.
- Extensive financial modeling experience required; expert in Excel.
- Deep experience with analytics and business metrics.
- Analytical experience working with large volumes of complex data.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures.
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial statements.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills; strong ability to influence; ability to create concise, high quality reports.
- Exceptional attention to detail; ability to multitask.
- Super analytical; data driven; problem solver.
- Ability to synthesize information and come to conclusions quickly.
- Experience interacting with senior-level management is a plus.
- Experience with NetSuite is a plus.
- Self-starter; demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently with minimal daily direction from management to accomplish objectives and deadlines.
- Personal characteristics include: impeccable integrity and ethical standards, self-aware, curious, energetic, passionate and flexible; able to do world-class work in a collaborative, team oriented manner.
- Ability to have a huge impact at an early-stage, mission-driven startup
- Competitive compensation, including cash and equity
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits, including paid membership to One Medical
- Delicious and healthy daily catered lunch
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Fun office environment, overlooking the beautiful waters in Redwood Shores