Zūm is the leader in children’s rides and care, getting kids safely to-and-from school and activities while providing childcare when needed. Parents get peace of mind knowing drivers are vetted and reliable, while schools get end-to-end student transportation that brings more convenience, visibility and cost-efficiency. To date we’ve driven over 3.5 million miles, giving rides to more than 500K children -- with rides booked by families and 2000+ schools. We are a VC-backed company with funding from top investors including Sequoia Capital and Spark Capital.
We are looking for a data-driven, dynamic, and strategic problem-solver to join as a Strategy & Planning Manager for the Driver (Supply) team, which is responsible for recruiting, onboarding, and retaining Zum drivers. No two days will look the same in this role - you will be working on the most urgent and critical needs of the business. Most immediately, two major components of the role will include: 1) forecasting and planning for demand, and helping to develop strategies to hit targets, and 2) defining group KPIs, and building systems and dashboards to track metrics. You will report to the Head of Supply.
- Work with the sales team and account managers to forecast demand, and translate into regional targets for the supply team. Serve as leader and champion for these targets within the supply team
- Help to develop strategies to enable team to meet demand needs on time, and in target locations
- Define KPIs, and build systems and dashboards to track these metrics
- Work with Product and Engineering on special projects to better track metrics or improve the business
- Work on other urgent and critical needs of the business, such as developing and implementing strategies for keeping drivers engaged, or increasing conversion rates through the onboarding process.
- 5+ years relevant work experience, which could include experience in consulting, finance, business or sales ops, or other analytical roles, ideally with forecasting experience
- Data-centered – a deep curiosity of metrics, the ability to identify the right metrics and track and report back on impact
- Self-directed, with the ability to manage large projects front to end
- Structured thinking and ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to quickly go between high-level strategy and the nitty-gritty details
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working cross-functionally
- Ability to have a huge impact at an early-stage, mission-driven startup
- Competitive compensation, including cash and equity
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits, including paid membership to One Medical
- Delicious and healthy daily catered lunch
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Fun office environment, overlooking the beautiful waters in Redwood Shores