Zūm is the leader in children’s rides and care, getting kids safely to-and-from school and activities while providing childcare when needed. Parents get peace of mind knowing drivers are vetted and reliable, while schools get end-to-end student transportation that brings more convenience, visibility and cost-efficiency. To date we’ve driven over 3.5 million miles, giving rides to more than 500K children -- with rides booked by families and 2000+ schools. We are a VC-backed company with funding from top investors including Sequoia Capital and Spark Capital.
Zūm is looking for a Director of Sales who can manage a team of Account Executives in the eastern territories and be already based in Dallas, TX or Miami, FL. We are looking for someone who can manage and expand a team in a creative, collaborative environment that focuses on innovation, problem solving and high levels of achievement. They will also be responsible for ensuring the success of their team and of achieving target for their region.
- Achieve quarterly and annual sales objectives
- Execute regional sales and marketing plans, programs & campaigns designed to build the sales pipeline, generate leads and accelerate opportunities for the field
- Develop creative closed loop marketing campaigns to attract the attention of Director of Transportation in School Districts
- Analyze and assess current efforts and make changes focused on maximizing resources and exceeding target objectives
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, engineers and other business development managers to identify and act on opportunities of improvement
- Hire and efficiently onboard new sales reps
- Provide ongoing sales coaching, product training and input into the development of sales enablement tools
- Document employee performance and conduct quarterly and annual reviews
- Coordinate regional team building activities and functions
- Assist sales management in conveying customer needs to sales engineers, product managers, and technical support staff
- Communicate directly and craft professional written communications with prospective and existing customers
- Negotiate various terms of agreements and contracts
- Travel as necessary to attend trade shows and build strong relationships with key decision-makers
- Close multi-million dollar contracts with large School Districts
- Expand knowledge of industry, client needs and competitive position of ZUM
- Prepare activity and forecast reports
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10-15 years of Technology Sales experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive sales management experience in a SAAS environment
- Solid sales and management experience in B2B software organizations focusing on data management, information governance and analytics - currently with a leading-edge organization known for excellence in this arena
- Well-developed understanding of logistics, with an expert understanding of selling to decision makers within complex business environments and Public Sector
- Management experience leading an organization focused on performance and results in a fast-growing start up environment
- Possess both strategic and tactical dimension and capabilities, and the ability to analyze the market, competitors and company strengths and weaknesses while devising winning sales strategies
- Successful track record of managing, leading, and developing people; able to enhance the competency, skill base and professional growth of regional sales teams
- Proficiency using tech tools like Salesforce to canvas accounts.
- Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Ability to have a huge impact at an early-stage, mission-driven startup
- Competitive compensation, including cash and equity
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits, including paid membership to One Medical
- Delicious and healthy daily catered lunch
- Unlimited vacation policy