Zūm is the leader in children’s rides and care, getting kids safely to-and-from school and activities while providing childcare when needed. Parents get peace of mind knowing drivers are vetted and reliable, while schools get end-to-end student transportation that brings more convenience, visibility and cost-efficiency. To date we’ve driven over 3.5 million miles, giving rides to more than 500K children -- with rides booked by families and 2000+ schools.
We are looking for an accountant to join our growing organization. The person will work closely with the CFO and Sr. Accountant of Zum and collaborate on both recurring and ad-hoc tasks and projects. The accountant will contribute to oversight of general accounting operations by controlling and verifying financial transactions. The job responsibilities include managing accounts payable and receivables, managing employee expense reports, as well as reconciling account balances and bank statements and calculating vendor costs. A successful accountant utilizes excellent analytical skills, communicates clearly and is detail oriented to ensure the accounting and controlling processes work effectively and efficiently. This role has tremendous opportunities for growth. Zum is a fast paced environment, with a fun energetic group of peers.
- Manage accounts payable and receivable.
- Record and deposit customer payments.
- Reconcile bank account and Credit Card.
- Manage Employee Expense reports.
- Work with customers on A/R aging and payment efficiencies.
- Suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending.
- Calculate Driver payments.
- Assist with monthly close.
- Manage Insurance costs and efficiencies.
- Implement Internal controls.
- Assist in structuring reports by region.
- Assist with new school invoice implementation process.
- Perform special, ad-hoc projects in Accounting/Finance as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license is a plus.
- 2-5 years experience as an accountant; experience in a start-up is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, laws, standards, and state/national regulations.
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements.
- Proficient in QuickBooks and QuickBooks Online - experience with Bill.com, Expensify, Xero, NetSuite, and/or other accounting related ERP systems is a plus.
- Advanced in Microsoft Office, especially Excel or Google Sheets.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills; ability to create concise, high quality reports.
- Exceptional attention to detail; ability to multitask.
- Strong accounting research and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter; demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently with minimal daily direction from management to accomplish objectives and deadlines.
- Personal characteristics include: curious, energetic, passionate and flexible; able to do world-class work in a collaborative, team oriented manner.
- Work with an early stage highly talented team from fantastic schools like Stanford and Harvard
- Get the chance to work and grow with a start up from the ground up
- Its the rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built
- We’re reinventing kid’s transportation and family logistics globally
- We're solving real world problems- the need is there, and everyone gets it
- We have unlimited vacations: work hard, play hard
- It's a fun office environment, with awesome catered lunch and nibbles overlooking the beautiful water in Redwood Shores