Be part of the next big thing in travel and join Zizoo, the world’s leading boat holiday platform. Named one of Forbes’ top ‘Travel Tech Startups Taking Europe by Storm’, Zizoo is bringing boat holidays to the mass market, offering over 30,000 boat products across 500+ destinations worldwide. Zizoo’s unique business model and tech suite set it apart from the competition by monopolizing supply and demand while offering a seamless booking experience to the end customer. Backed by Europe's leading tech investors, Zizoo’s team is growing fast as we continue to transform the travel industry.
Our new Senior Backend Engineer will support us to revolutionize the nautical industry, by developing cutting edge technology for charters and boat owners. If this sounds like you, you’re the one we want!
- Participate in and contribute to technology, architecture, workﬂow, and design decisions.
- Build fault-tolerant and scalable applications by writing clean, maintainable, and testable code.
- Set up efficient and high performing database queries for relational and non-relational databases.
- Be part of migrating our legacy services to our current microservice-based technology stack.
- Collaborate, support, and work hand-in-hand with frontend, backend, QA, design, and concept teams.
- Support with writing technical documentation and writing tests for new and existing product features.
- You will be working remotely.
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related technical field.
- 4+ years of experience in building APIs and backend services with PHP, Node.js or other technologies.
- Solid experience of PHP Symfony
- To naturally follow good development practices like test automation, CI/CD, source version control (GIT), etc.
- To be interested and motivated to work with other programming languages depending on project requirements.
- To be a team player and enjoy collaborating with different people and proﬁles as well as share knowledge.
- Fluency in English (our company language).
- Located within EU
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience in AWS Ecosystem.
- Experience working with Docker.
- Experience with CI using Travis, Jenkins, or similar.
- Good understanding of user requirements.
- Experience working with remote teams
- A transparent data-driven environment where good ideas flourish. Got a good idea? We’ll test it!
- The opportunity to experiment with new technologies
- An opportunity to work in one of Europe's trending startups
- Quarterly team-building events in Berlin
- An annual sailing holiday for the whole team
- Professional training budget
- 1800€ annual remote office budget
- Yoga and German classes and gym membership discounts
- And, of course, boat holiday discounts!
To apply please email your CV with the Subject Line "ZIZOO Senior Backend Engineer (B2B Platform)"