Be part of the next big thing in travel and join Zizoo, the world’s leading boat holiday platform. Named one of Forbes’ top ‘Travel Tech Startups Taking Europe by Storm’, Zizoo is bringing boat holidays to the mass market, offering over 30,000 boat products across 500+ destinations worldwide. Zizoo’s unique business model and tech suite sets it apart from the competition by monopolising supply and demand while offering a seamless booking experience to the end customer. Backed by Europe's leading tech investors, Zizoo’s team is growing fast as we continue to transform the travel industry.
Your Role and Focus:
- Technical leadership and mentoring of major cross-functional agile team
- Spearheading the transformation of our website/B2B product using state-of-the-art tech stack
- Deeply involved in state-of-the-art tracking/analytics and maintaining a high performance website (render complete < 1s)
- Working equally on front-end and back-end tasks
- Transforming designs into fully functional web apps
- Contributing to quarterly roadmap planning
- Actively partaking in and contributing to the development methodologies put in place by the team.
- Actively partaking in code reviews
- Getting things done!
- 5+ years production experience in working with React.js and Redux
- Extensive knowledge of ES-Latest, Semantic HTML, Web Standards, CSS and SASS
- Extensive Experience with Node.js and ExpressJS and other modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Experience collaborating closely with UX/UI designers, InVision and Sketch
- Ability to efficiently translate user stories into concise technical tasks
- Fluent with git as a tool and git workflows (e.g. Pull Requests)
- Active advocate of code reviews and unit testing
- Interest in keeping up to date with the latest technology and understanding of the upgrade path required for implementation on production applications
- Experience working in an agile environment where we release multiple times a day, as well as working with feature branches
- Very good English written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in AWS Ecosystem (big bonus)
- Great team spirit
What we offer:
- An opportunity to play a key role in the growth one of Europe's leading travel tech startups with an international talented team
- A transparent, data-driven environment where good ideas flourish. Got a good idea? We’ll test it!
- Cross-company personal development and training budget
- Free snacks, drinks, German and Yoga classes at the office
- Discounts on gym membership and local retailers
- Team building events and an annual sailing holiday for the whole team
- And, of course, boat holiday discounts!