Location: San Francisco, CA
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: 10-15+ years
Batteries have a big role to play in tackling the climate crisis, and it’s essential to make sure that they’re safe and reliable to operate.
At Zitara Technologies (YCombinator S20), we build cutting-edge software solutions that empower companies to deeply understand their batteries, both in design and deployment. Our customers operate >$100M deployments of batteries in satellites, EVs, and renewable energy storage installations. It’s all part of our work to enable a renewable energy revolution, powered by safer batteries, at a lower cost, with less waste.
As the Head of Sales at Zitara, you will be a key driver of our highly technical sales efforts, shaping the future of our growing company. We are seeking a dynamic player-coach with at least 10-15 years of experience in technical sales, particularly in industries such as chip sales, IoT, renewables, cybersecurity, or industrial controls. You will be responsible for building the infrastructure of the sales organization and partnering closely with cross-functional leadership on the development of the overall product and sales strategy.
- Strategic Leadership: Partner with the CEO and Head of Application Engineering to develop and drive a highly technical and repeatable sales process. Creativity and innovation are necessary given the nascent nature of the battery space that includes a remarkably diverse set of customers and stakeholders. You are also expected to stay abreast of industry trends, competitor activities, and market dynamics to inform sales strategies.
- Sales Development and Execution: Develop effective qualification criteria, define funnel steps, and create sales enablement materials to optimize the sales process. This includes identifying ICPs, creation of related marketing strategies, and closing deals through direct sales work.
- Industry Expertise and Section Specialization: While experience in the Battery space is ideal, we do expect the Head of Sales to leverage your experience in at least one of the following industries: chip sales, IoT, renewables, cybersecurity, or industrial controls. Ideally, you will also bring specific experience in selling into the automotive sector or engaging with large renewables developers.
- Team Collaboration: Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to align sales strategies with overall business objectives. Outside of Product and Engineering, we also expect a strong partnership with the Operations teams especially when it comes to development of accurate sales forecasting and performance reports.
- Relationship Management: Build and maintain strong relationships with key clients, understanding their unique needs and providing tailored solutions. We also expect you to develop and deepen your network relationships with potential customers, industry leaders, venture capitalists and other key players in the Battery and Clean Energy sectors.
- 10-15 years of proven success in highly technical sales roles.
- Startup sales experience with the ability to act as a player-coach in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing sales strategies in complex technical industries.
- Experience in at least one of the specified industries: chip sales, IoT, renewables, cybersecurity, or industrial controls.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with a variety of internal customers and support teams
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Specific experience in selling into the automotive sector or engaging with large renewables developers.
What We Offer
- A full-time position, working from our office in San Francisco, CA or remotely.
- Competitive pay.
- Health, Dental, and Vision care for you and your family.
- A 401k savings plan.
- “Unlimited PTO” vacation policy.
- Excellent colleagues that are interested in your happiness and growth.