We are one of the main reasons it’s possible to text with a business today. Zipwhip was the first company to enable texting on existing business phone numbers, and we are now the world’s leading business-texting software and API provider. More than 35,000 companies use us to increase customer engagement and drive growth through texting on their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number. Intuitive cloud-based software, an enterprise-grade API and direct network connectivity mean businesses can use any computer or mobile device to securely and reliably reach their customers, every time.
Our strong venture backing allows us to aggressively invest in our product, technology and team; we’ve received nearly $100 million in funding from the likes of Goldman Sachs, M12 (Microsoft Ventures) and OpenView. We are consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing workplaces, and were voted the 6th best place to work in the state by Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal in 2019.
Every day we work to uphold our core DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. We know that we’ll build better products if we have a diverse and inspired team that’s encouraged to make mistakes and experiment.
If you want to be part of a team where you’re supported and empowered to change the way the world communicates, then we’d love to hear from you.
Zipwhip is looking for a Porting Specialist to join the Zipwhip Porting Team. This person will help manage all the processes and workflows around the phone numbers entering and exiting our network, as well as changing providers within our network of resellers. Organization will be key as you will be managing internal and external communication, documentation, organization and storage around the porting work flow. You will represent the interests of the industry and the end-user whether dealing with a ports and provisions of one number, a hundred numbers, or a hundred thousand numbers. Customers get to choose their SMS provider for Land Line and Toll Free SMS, and this team helps to ensure that they can get set up for texting.
Skills & Requirements
- Strong organizational skills
- Comfort working in timed workflows
- Rock Solid communication skills, both written and verbal
- Laser focus on the customer experience
- Willingness and ability to learn a new business and a new industry
- Desire to own issues and push them through to completion
- Ability to communicate effectively with people that are both more, and significantly less, technically oriented
- Comfortable working on a team that has fluid priorities
- Able to work with, learn and leverage new technologies
- Comfortable establishing documenting, and teaching new process
- Experience accessing knowledge in a large inventory database
- Interest in automating frequent tasks and processes
- Experience using a ticketing system, such as JIRA or Zendesk
- Ability to take ownership in project work outside of tickets.
- Exposure to scripting languages
- Strong aptitude in Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint
- Knowledge of telecommunications and VOIP technologies
- Experience with MYSQL or relational databases
- Ranked the #6 best workplace in Washington in 2019 from Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal
- Consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing companies by Deloitte
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full benefits package including parental leave, 401k, flexible remote work, generous PTO
- Health benefits including paid maternity and paternity leave, medical, vision, disability and life insurance
- Free on-site weekly yoga and meditation classes hosted by ZUM fitness, and discounted memberships to Soul Fitness and CorePower Yoga
- A brand new office on Elliott Bay with easy beachfront park access
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage
- A culture of transparency and open communication, including a catered weekly lunch meeting hosted by our CEO
- Values-based leadership and a commitment to building diversity and inclusion
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity of all kinds. We prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but isn’t limited to, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, age, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.