We are one of the main reasons it’s possible to text with a business today. Zipwhip was the first company to enable texting on existing business phone numbers, and we are now the world’s leading business-texting software and API provider. More than 35,000 companies use us to increase customer engagement and drive growth through texting on their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number. Intuitive cloud-based software, an enterprise-grade API and direct network connectivity mean businesses can use any computer or mobile device to securely and reliably reach their customers, every time.
Our strong venture backing allows us to aggressively invest in our product, technology and team; we’ve received nearly $100 million in funding from the likes of Goldman Sachs, M12 (Microsoft Ventures) and OpenView. We are consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing workplaces, and were voted the 6th best place to work in the state by Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal in 2019.
Every day we work to uphold our core DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. We know that we’ll build better products if we have a diverse and inspired team that’s encouraged to make mistakes and experiment.
If you want to be part of a team where you’re supported and empowered to change the way the world communicates, then we’d love to hear from you.
How this role makes an impact:
As a Sr. Product Manager, you’ll be responsible for core components of our Messaging Platform as a Service (PaaS). This role will be pivotal in driving the strategy, execution, and delivery of product capabilities that deliver incremental value for our customers and the contacts they interact with. The solutions and experiences you drive will intersect with reseller networks, developer communities, and application partners.
What you’ll be working on:
- Bring a creative and holistic outside-in view of our customers and opportunities to identify, define, prioritize, and evangelize differentiated core product investments that enable specific end-to-end business workflows and transactions.
- Develop, communicate, generate excitement for and obtain buy-in of the product vision, strategy, and roadmap.
- Partner with other product managers and Engineering peers to drive product planning, design, execution, and delivery of product investments against defined success metrics.
- Work with Sales and Marketing on product launches, pricing, sales training, customer presentations, GTM strategies, competitive positioning, and RFPs.
- Partner with BD team on business development opportunities via alliances, partnerships, acquisitions and marketplaces.
- Conduct regular data-driven business reviews that analyze product execution and revenue/market accomplishments.
The skills you’ll need:
- 8+ years of product management/Systems Architecture experience in the messaging industry, during which you have driven multiple messaging products from concept to launch and revenue generation. Ideally, with both B2B and B2C segments from small business to enterprise.
- Experience with 3rd-party application integration, authentication and authorization using programmatic APIs.
- A strong balance of business acumen, technical insight, and user-centered design skills to make the right tradeoffs for optimizing costs, quality, and business value while standing up for your customers’ needs.
- Use of quantitative and qualitative data to make product decisions, get executive buy-in, and drive towards measurable team, product, and financial performance.
- Initiative, ownership, and accountability to decode vague priorities, manage conflicting tasks and provide the day-to-day blocking and tackling against ambiguous and complex challenges.
- The ability to collaborate and influence effectively across cross-functional teams.
- The demeanor and maturity to present complex business and technical concepts, tradeoffs, and difficulties to internal and external audiences up to C-level executives and to know when and how to assert opposing viewpoints when necessary.
- Excellent working knowledge in messaging (SMS, MMS, RCS), interfaces, mobile platforms, and RESTful APIs.
- You care about diversity and contribute to a psychologically safe environment for all our employees, customers, and partners.
- You will champion our values of Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration, and Trust - with customer centricity at the heart of it all.
- Recognized as one of Seattle Business magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For for three years in a row, and one of the Puget Sound Business Journal’s Best Workplaces for the second year in a row.
- Ranked as one of the nation’s fastest-growing companies on the Deloitte Fast 500 for four years in a row.
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Full benefits package including parental leave, 401k match, flexible remote work, generous PTO
- Health benefits including paid maternity and paternity leave, medical, vision, disability and life insurance
- Dedication to employee wellbeing: free on-site (virtual currently) weekly yoga and meditation classes and other wellness offerings
- Values-based leadership and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
- A brand-new office on Elliott Bay with easy beachfront park access (we can’t wait to get back to our office post COVID though have remote work options)
- Stipend for transportation (when commuting) and cell phone usage
- A culture of transparency and open communication, including a weekly lunch meeting hosted by our CEO
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity of all kinds. We prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but isn’t limited to, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, age, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.