We are one of the main reasons it is possible to text with a business today. Zipwhip was the first company to enable texting on existing business phone numbers and we’re the leading business-texting software and API provider. More than 35,000 companies trust us to increase customer engagement and drive growth through texting on their existing landline, VoIP, and toll-free phone numbers. We offer an intuitive cloud-based software, an enterprise-grade API, and direct network connectivity. Businesses can use any computer or mobile device to reach their customers securely and reliably, every time. Zipwhip is the only business-texting provider with direct connections to all Tier 1 and 2 wireless operators in the U.S. and Canada, and we deliver billions of texts to consumers nationwide.
Our strong venture backing allows us to intently invest in our product, technology, and team; we’ve received nearly $100 million in funding from strong investors- Goldman Sachs, M12 (Microsoft Ventures) and OpenView. We are consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing workplaces. And now we’re expanding internationally- building teams and growing our presence in Calgary.
We are looking for an experienced senior software developer for our developer platform. You’ll be responsible for creating products that attract new customers to our platform through features and accessibility.
How this role makes an impact:
- Are a highly motivated engineering manager with passion to empower and grow an engineering team.
- Will bring your unique set of diverse experiences and background to our team in an open and collaborative manner so that we can all expand and grow faster.
- Have a desire to leverage your expertise but also dive into lesser known areas of technology, architecture, or whatever is needed to solve engineering day-to-day challenges.
- Have an open and honest communication style that always puts the customer first “Will the customer be delighted with this?”.
- You care about diversity- in team, in products, and work to create a psychologically safe work environment for all employees.
- Are comfortable dealing with ambiguity and a shifting landscape.
- Are curious, willing to learn, share and improve.
- Have a strong sense of ownership and accountability for the product you are delivering.
- Will lead through modeling and championing our DIRECT values of Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration, and Trust with customer centricity at the heart of it all
What’s the job really?
- Responsible for designing, developing, testing, maintaining, and shipping the flagship Zipwhip web application, a large scale, feature rich productivity tool.
- Hiring, coaching, mentoring, and providing technical leadership to a team of engineers throughout the project lifecycle.
- Responsible for leading sprint planning, design brainstorming sessions and code reviews.
- Solving problems related to streaming user content, real time notifications, and large data sets.
- Develop solid releases ensuring the Zipwhip SLA's are always at the forefront.
- Responsible for the planning, the execution, and the success of the technical projects on the roadmap.
- Working collaboratively with product managers and stakeholders to own & manage a rapidly evolving product roadmap that delivers on company goals.
The skills you’ll need:
- 10+ years of related product development experience shipping multiple products / services.
- 3+ years of engineering management experience.
- Track record of building high functioning teams, including recruiting, mentoring and retaining diverse talent base.
- Working in agile teams or startup environment with strong customer focus.
- Strong competency architecting and developing solutions in iOS and Android frameworks.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C#
- Experience with Service Oriented Architectures (SOA), REST, object-oriented programming and design patterns
- Experience building web applications. Strong competency developing real-world solutions in React and Redux.
- Curiosity and interest in learning new programming languages and frameworks
- Expertise in building delightful user experiences.
- Understanding of UI design, usability, and accessibility practices
- Show organizational agility, cross-team collaboration, commitment for results, and written and verbal communications.
- Commitment for engineering practices that ensure safe and fast paced releases of services.
- Experience engaging with customers and partners, both inside and outside of Zipwhip to understand their business needs and priorities, technological landscape and roadmaps
- Ranked the #6 best workplace in Washington in 2019 from Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal
- We value diversity and strive to create an environment where everyone can feel safe, valued, empowered, and connected.
- A fun, lively startup culture and a brand new Headquartered office in Seattle (we can’t wait to get back there post COVID) We don’t just talk the talk. Our award-winning culture stems from having a core set of values that are lived daily and are at the forefront of all we do.
- Ample opportunities for professional growth, internal advancement and movement, and company-supported learning.
- Competitive compensation and stock options.
- Full benefits package including parental leave, retirement plan options, PTO, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Virtual wellness offerings (yoga, meditation) and other wellness offerings.
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage.
- A culture of transparency and open communication, including a weekly Company update meeting (catered weekly lunch when on-site working) hosted by our CEO
Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
This job is work from home friendly though occasional travel to Headquarters post COVID will be necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity of all kinds. We prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but isn’t limited to, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, age, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.