We are one of the main reasons it’s possible to text with a business today. Zipwhip was the first company to enable texting on existing business phone numbers, and we are now the world’s leading business-texting software and API provider. More than 35,000 companies use us to increase customer engagement and drive growth through texting on their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number. Intuitive cloud-based software, an enterprise-grade API and direct network connectivity mean businesses can use any computer or mobile device to securely and reliably reach their customers, every time.
Our strong venture backing allows us to aggressively invest in our product, technology and team; we’ve received nearly $100 million in funding from the likes of Goldman Sachs, M12 (Microsoft Ventures) and OpenView. We are consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing workplaces, and were voted the 6th best place to work in the state by Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal in 2019.
Every day we work to uphold our core DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. We know that we’ll build better products if we have a diverse and inspired team that’s encouraged to make mistakes and experiment.
If you want to be part of a team where you’re supported and empowered to change the way the world communicates, then we’d love to hear from you.
How this role makes an impact:
The Fraud and Spam Analyst will be dedicated to fighting spam to maintain Zipwhip as a trusted network. We are looking for an analyst to join our team to help execute this mission as well as help set up processes to continue to scale the good fight as the network grows. We blend data, analytics, and technology with a passion for customer service, to create insights to power decisions that will strengthen our network and bond with customers. You will work with a variety of teams including Technical Support, Sales, Engineering as well as Product to gather data and develop strategies to fight fraudulent traffic and suspend accounts. Join us to help make a difference in preventing text messaging fraud.
What you’ll be working on:
- You’ll use your analytical and project management skills to think as a spammer, find bad actors, and shut them down.
- Use a combination of manual and automated tools, internal and third-party, to detect patterns, conduct investigations to find the spam, and update our systems to prevent it in the future.
- Analyze text messages reported by customers and carriers in order to determine correct classification (fraud, spam, smishing or valid).
- Handle incoming requests from internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills when working with internal/external customers.
- Read, interpret, follow, and enforce Messaging Policies and Best Practices to protect and preserve Zipwhip’s Network.
- Play an active role supporting continuous process improvements.
- You will work closely with the Deliverability and Verification team by providing visibility into blocked traffic and by working together to find solutions into successful deliverability.
- Stay up to date with current industry trends and technology as it relates to text messaging spam and fraud.
- Help develop future onboarding tools to prevent bad accounts getting onto the network.
- This role is part private investigator, part data analyst, and part technical support.
The skills you’ll need:
- Demonstrate strong ethical values.
- Being process oriented with organizational skills.
- Strong creativity skills to think like spammers but powered by a drive to shut them down.
- Competency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to develop pattern recognition skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills for effective problem solving.
- Proven track record dealing well with ambiguity.
- Prior fraud experience preferred, but not required.
- Ranked the #6 best workplace in Washington in 2019 from Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal
- Consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing companies by Deloitte
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full benefits package including parental leave, 401k, flexible remote work, generous PTO
- Health benefits including paid maternity and paternity leave, medical, vision, disability and life insurance
- Free on-site weekly yoga and meditation classes hosted by ZUM fitness, and discounted memberships to Soul Fitness and CorePower Yoga
- A brand new office on Elliott Bay with easy beachfront park access
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage
- A culture of transparency and open communication, including a catered weekly lunch meeting hosted by our CEO
- Values-based leadership and a commitment to building diversity and inclusion
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity of all kinds. We prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but isn’t limited to, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, age, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.