We are one of the main reasons it’s possible to text with a business today. Zipwhip was the first company to enable texting on existing business phone numbers, and we are now the world’s leading business-texting software and API provider. More than 35,000 companies use us to increase customer engagement and drive growth through texting on their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number. Intuitive cloud-based software, an enterprise-grade API and direct network connectivity mean businesses can use any computer or mobile device to securely and reliably reach their customers, every time.
Our strong venture backing allows us to aggressively invest in our product, technology and team; we’ve received nearly $100 million in funding from the likes of Goldman Sachs, M12 (Microsoft Ventures) and OpenView. We are consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing workplaces, and were voted the 6th best place to work in the state by Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal in 2019.
Every day we work to uphold our core DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. We know that we’ll build better products if we have a diverse and inspired team that’s encouraged to make mistakes and experiment.
If you want to be part of a team where you’re supported and empowered to change the way the world communicates, then we’d love to hear from you.
How this role makes an impact:
As our team continues to grow, we are looking for a talented Technical Sourcer to help us identify top talent across the United States and Canada.
As the primary Technical Sourcer on our team, you will work closely with our recruiters and talent managers to use tools and data to create targeted recruiting strategies and outbound campaigns, all while building a strong network of qualified candidates across a variety of Software Engineering functions. The primary metric of this role will be to drive more quality, passive, and diverse candidates to our recruitment pipeline. We’re a small, collaborative, and driven team and are committed to supporting the continuous growth of Zipwhip. We’ll look for your input to help build our sourcing strategy to achieve our growth with a focus in US and Canada regions.
We need someone who advocates for a customer-centric recruiting approach, will represent well our company vision and also embody our DIRECT values.
What you’ll be working on:
- Work closely with Recruiters and hiring managers to deeply understand the requirements of roles, the function, and how it fits into the organization.
- Creating compelling outreach and pitch open roles to potential candidates via email, social media, events, phone and Zoom.
- Build pipelines of qualified and diverse candidates from various sources.
- Find and engage passive candidates through the use of Boolean, LinkedIn, and alternative search techniques. Build targeted outbound strategies in specific targets.
- Develop and conduct evaluations of candidates at the early stages of our process to ensure we are introducing great candidates to our team.
- Be responsible for candidate experience, and other sourcing key metrics. Recommend and drive improvements that positively impact talent pipelines.
- Actively use our Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to support outbound sourcing activities.
- Adhoc recruiting projects as needed and regular recruiting team support.
- Report weekly on outbound sourcing activities and sourcing pipeline. Supporting virtual recruiting event strategy with outbound campaigns and follow-up campaigns.
- Make recommendations and try new tools that could increase candidate pipeline.
The skills you’ll need:
- 2+ years of technical sourcing experience in software engineering roles.
- Have experience using sourcing tools and applicant tracking systems to identify and engage passive, qualified candidates, and manage them through the hiring process. Experience with Greenhouse ATS and LinkedIn Recruiter preferred.
- Ability to network and build long-term relationships with passive candidates.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to position Zipwhip as a primary choice for candidates.
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion – you care about and work towards bringing this input to your role and the company.
- Growth mindset and drive to support teams by attracting the best talent the industry has to offer.
- The drive and skill to execute with minimal direction and manage your projects and deadlines.
- Flexibility and eagerness to be part of a rapidly growing and evolving tech company.
- Creativity, high energy, and passion for candidate experience
- References – people that have worked with you on hiring for their roles and can share how you helped impact the business.
- Ranked the #6 best workplace in Washington in 2019 from Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal
- Consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing companies by Deloitte
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full benefits package including parental leave, 401k, flexible remote work, generous PTO
- Health benefits including medical, vision, disability and life insurance
- Wellness offerings including- free virtual yoga and meditation classes hosted
- A brand new office on Elliott Bay with easy beachfront park access (for when our office in Seattle opens back up)
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage
- A culture of transparency and open communication, weekly company update meetings, quarterly All Hands.
- Values-based leadership and a commitment to building diversity and inclusion
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity of all kinds. We prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but isn’t limited to, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, age, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.