We are one of the main reasons it’s possible to text with a business today. Zipwhip was the first company to enable texting on existing business phone numbers, and we are now the world’s leading business-texting software and API provider. More than 35,000 companies use us to increase customer engagement and drive growth through texting on their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number. Intuitive cloud-based software, an enterprise-grade API and direct network connectivity mean businesses can use any computer or mobile device to securely and reliably reach their customers, every time.
Our strong venture backing allows us to aggressively invest in our product, technology and team; we’ve received nearly $100 million in funding from the likes of Goldman Sachs, M12 (Microsoft Ventures) and OpenView. We are consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing workplaces, and were voted the 6th best place to work in the state by Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal in 2019.
Every day we work to uphold our core DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. We know that we’ll build better products if we have a diverse and inspired team that’s encouraged to make mistakes and experiment.
If you want to be part of a team where you’re supported and empowered to change the way the world communicates, then we’d love to hear from you.
How this role makes an impact:
As an engineer on the DevTools team (aka Developer Productivity and Tools team), you will build first-class tooling and infrastructure to help speed up overall engineering efficiency. This team focuses on designing, developing and scaling critical engineering systems to solve Zipwhip’s unique build and deployment challenges. The team is also responsible for creating infrastructure to support a wide array of services, and extend CI/CD systems to provide safe, secure, high-quality deployment of code.
- Are a highly motivated engineer who has a desire to leverage your expertise but also can dive into lesser-known areas of technology, architecture, or whatever is needed to solve engineering day-to-day challenges.
- Have an open and honest communication style that always puts the customer first "Will developers be delighted with this?".
- Are comfortable dealing with ambiguity and a shifting landscape.
- Are curious, willing to learn, share and improve.
What you'll be working on:
- Build developer productivity tooling and services to help increase overall engineering efficiency.
- Setup CI and CD processes to automate build, test and deployment.
- Improve code coverage and static code analysis process.
- Automate security gates in the workflow (DevSecOps mindset).
- Create custom frameworks or libraries as per the need.
- Drive adoption of CI and CD tools.
- Developer support
- Responds to developer support requests and incidents.
- Help debug build and deployment issues.
- Handle on-call responsibilities on a rotation basis.
- Scalable and Secure Tools infrastructure.
- Maintain Kubernetes clusters, Source Control, Security, CI and CD tools
- Ensure backup and recovery standards are followed.
- Infrastructure automation.
- Provisioning and setting up Kubernetes clusters.
- Automate the provisioning of infrastructure using Infrastructure as Code (Terraform/Helm/Ansible).
The skills you'll need:
- 3+ years of experience in an DevOps role in a SaaS environment.
- Hands-on programming experience in either Python or Java.
- Working knowledge of the CI/CD process including debugging, test, and integration of software tools.
- Experience working with Cloud - preferably AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Have experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
- Ranked the #6 best workplace in Washington in 2019 from Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal
- Consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing companies by Deloitte
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full benefits package including parental leave, 401k, flexible remote work, generous PTO
- Health benefits including paid maternity and paternity leave, medical, vision, disability and life insurance
- Free on-site (remote for now) weekly yoga and meditation classes hosted by ZUM fitness, and discounted memberships to Soul Fitness and CorePower Yoga
- A brand new office on Elliott Bay with easy beachfront park access which we look forward to returning to post COVID-19 though we maintain a Remote Work Policy.
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage
- A culture of transparency and open communication, including a weekly Company update meeting (catered weekly lunch when onsite working) hosted by our CEO
- Values-based leadership and a commitment to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive Company
Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity of all kinds. We prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but isn’t limited to, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, age, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.