We are one of the main reasons it’s possible to text with a business today. Zipwhip was the first company to enable texting on existing business phone numbers, and we are now the world’s leading business-texting software and API provider. More than 35,000 companies use us to increase customer engagement and drive growth through texting on their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number. Intuitive cloud-based software, an enterprise-grade API and direct network connectivity mean businesses can use any computer or mobile device to securely and reliably reach their customers, every time.
Our strong venture backing allows us to aggressively invest in our product, technology and team; we’ve received nearly $100 million in funding from the likes of Goldman Sachs, M12 (Microsoft Ventures) and OpenView. We are consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing workplaces, and were voted the 6th best place to work in the state by Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal in 2019.
Every day we work to uphold our core DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. We know that we’ll build better products if we have a diverse and inspired team that’s encouraged to make mistakes and experiment.
If you want to be part of a team where you’re supported and empowered to change the way the world communicates, then we’d love to hear from you.
How this role makes an impact:
This role will be instrumental in defining the messaging and business communication experience for Zipwhip’s platform and SaaS applications. This is a senior role reporting to the Chief Product Officer and will be responsible for crafting an experience framework applicable to a wide swath of industries, segments and personas. Your team will guide the engineering and product groups to deliver solutions that are efficient, productive and aesthetically pleasing for both consumers and business users across mobile, desktop and web platforms. A key part of your job will be to use data and research to forecast and measure the impact of your team’s work and correlate it back to the business performance of Zipwhip as well as its customers.
What you’ll be working on:
- Lead, inspire and mentor UX team with user-centered, research-supported and business-driven execution. While you will drive planning, prioritizing and oversight of projects, you also need to be hands-on and drive some projects yourself and ensure overall quality, delivery and impact.
- Collaborate with product, engineering and customer teams as well as key stakeholders. You will create buy-in by crafting and articulating a vision and unified framework for user experience across these stakeholders and customer segments.
- Drive data informed trade-offs such as user-driven vs. implementation-constrained and feature vs. platform. You will forecast and measure the impact of designed solutions to determine their efficiency, effectiveness and cost-benefit ratio.
- Decode vague priorities, manage conflicting tasks and provide the day-to-day block/tackle leadership. You have the gravitas to present concepts, justification, challenges and business outcomes to internal C-level audience and customer executives.
- Accept accountability for getting results and creating business value. You must have the conviction to stand up for the user/customer while balancing needs of the business and if necessary, challenge stakeholders to clarify need and maintain focus.
The skills you’ll need:
- Degree in graphic design, interaction design or multimedia.
- Strong concepting skills and the ability to create emotional and differentiated storytelling in support of a brand while driving towards a specific goal.
- 10+ years prior experience in UX and creative for enterprise applications, web and mobile design in many varied industries, decision-maker and end-user personas with at least 5 years prior experience building, mentoring and managing a diverse team of at least a team of 5+.
- Demonstrated track record for co-developing successful product strategy and vision working directly with business executives and product leaders.
- Ability to craft and evangelize new collaboration methods to create consensus across all levels within different organizations with specific attention to results and delivery timelines.
- Thrive despite ambiguity, turning it into energy, clarity and actionable work items for the team.
- Excellent public speaking, pitching skills and standards of communication especially to an executive persona and to customers.
- Ranked the #6 best workplace in Washington in 2019 from Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal.
- Consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing companies by Deloitte.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Full benefits package including parental leave, 401k, flexible remote work, generous PTO.
- Health benefits including paid maternity and paternity leave, medical, vision, disability and life insurance.
- Free on-site weekly (remote currently) yoga and meditation classes.
- A brand new office on Elliott Bay with easy beachfront park access While we are all remote now due to COVID-19 we have a beautiful office space ready to go when offices open back up.
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage.
- A culture of transparency and open communication, including a catered weekly lunch meeting hosted by our CEO.
- Values-based leadership and a commitment to building diversity and inclusion.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity of all kinds. We prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but isn’t limited to, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, age, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.