We are one of the main reasons it’s possible to text with a business today. Zipwhip was the first company to enable texting on existing business phone numbers, and we are now the world’s leading business-texting software and API provider. More than 35,000 companies use us to increase customer engagement and drive growth through texting on their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number. Intuitive cloud-based software, an enterprise-grade API and direct network connectivity mean businesses can use any computer or mobile device to securely and reliably reach their customers, every time.
Our strong venture backing allows us to aggressively invest in our product, technology and team; we’ve received nearly $100 million in funding from the likes of Goldman Sachs, M12 (Microsoft Ventures) and OpenView. We are consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing workplaces, and were voted the 6th best place to work in the state by Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal in 2019.
Every day we work to uphold our core DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. We know that we’ll build better products if we have a diverse and inspired team that’s encouraged to take risks and innovate.
If you want to be part of a team where you’re supported and empowered to change the way the world communicates, then we’d love to hear from you.
How this role makes an impact:
This person will be responsible for Leading a team of approximately 10-12 associates; responsible for overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the team. The position is hands-on position requiring an obsession to improve both the customer and employee experience.
What you’ll be working on:
- Support training, mentoring, and guiding the team to strengthen quality and efficiency metrics
- Organize, prioritize and schedule work assignments to meet business needs
- Manage and develop workforce, maintains staff scheduling and capacity planning
- Manage hiring, scheduling, attendance, and general administration of the team
- Use data to understand, influence and prioritize broken customer experiences
- Identify and eliminate barriers to accuracy, productivity, and quality
- Partner with Snr. Support Specialists and Leadership to identify opportunities from Quality Assurance, Support surveys (CSAT), and customer feedback (NPS) to recommend corrective action plans and/or inputs to the Voice of Customer program
- Contribute to business improvement initiatives at the discretion of leadership
- Work collaboratively with the team and other departments to drive change, improve processes, and facilitate standardization
- Partner with Snr. Support Escalation Specialist on escalated customer contacts and leading the effort to satisfactorily resolution
- Dive deep into customer journeys to understand and empathize with customer pain points and identify opportunities with respect to customer engagement, business strategy, and quality of service
- Be the primary information source for the Customer Support Team; following-up to ensure compliance and consistency; taking corrective action as necessary and documenting the issue and actions taken
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Zipwhip policies and procedures; additional responsibilities include planning, assigning and directing work
The skills you’ll need:
- Demonstrated experience with general principles of leadership and performance management
- Experience leading and developing a team
- Experience with performance metrics and process improvement (how, when, who)
- Self-starter, possesses flexibility to work in a fast-changing environment and ambiguous situations
- Ability to think clearly and analyze quantitatively using multiple systems
- Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple teams
- Work to create team environment to openly discuss trends and develop and drive the implementation of new solutions
- Customer centric and employee centric mindset
- 3+ years previous experience supervising a team in a customer service environment
- Demonstrated competency with one or more analytical toolkits, not limited to Salesforce, Talkdesk, and MS Office
- Ability to function in an ambiguous, fast paced work environment
- Experience with driving professional development of direct reports
- Ability to effectively manage time, and individually prioritize multiple tasks of competing priority.
- Experience leading in a metrics/productivity-based environment
- Experience leading remote team
The right candidate will:
- Have experience influencing and earning the trust of senior stakeholders to implement change
- Be self-starter and an independent thinker who follow-ups on responsibilities in a timely manner
- Be a problem solver who always thinks about what to do next
- Disciplining employees; and effective conflict resolution.
- Act as an advocate for our customer, actively seeking solutions to customer needs, communicating trends to leadership, and suggesting innovative solutions on behalf of the customer experience while maintaining the employee experience during execution of the customer’s needs.
- Ranked the #6 best workplace in Washington in 2019 from Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal
- Consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing companies by Deloitte
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full benefits package including parental leave, 401k, flexible remote work, generous PTO
- Health benefits including paid maternity and paternity leave, medical, vision, disability and life insurance
- Free on-site (remote for now) weekly yoga and meditation classes hosted by ZUM fitness, and discounted memberships to Soul Fitness and CorePower Yoga
- A brand new office on Elliott Bay with easy beachfront park access which we look forward to returning to post COVID-19 though we maintain a Remote Work Policy.
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage
- A culture of transparency and open communication, including a weekly Company update meeting (catered weekly lunch when onsite working) hosted by our CEO
- Values-based leadership and a commitment to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive Company
Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity of all kinds. We prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but isn’t limited to, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, age, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.