Zipwhip is a Seattle-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) company providing text messaging to businesses across North America through cloud-based software and a best-in-class API solution. One of the 10 fastest-growing companies in Seattle as ranked by Inc., Zipwhip invented the technology that enables businesses to text using their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number and communicate with consumers the modern way.
Zipwhip is aggressively investing in our people, product offerings and processes. We are backed by Microsoft Ventures, OpenView, Voyager Capital and a host of other investors, and are seeing rapid growth in both employees and revenue. Zipwhip is the only business-texting provider with direct connections to all Tier 1 and 2 wireless operators in the U.S., and we've delivered billions of texts to consumers nationwide.
Zipwhip employees come to work every day (to one of Seattle's coolest offices) inspired and ready to live out our DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. If you want to be part of an organization where highly motivated thinkers are empowered to change the way we communicate with the world around us, then we'd like to hear from you.
What we're looking for:
Zipwhip is looking for a creative, multifaceted Digital Designer to join the Marketing Team. Your primary focus will be improving our website and all our digital marketing efforts through visual, interactive, and UI/UX design. This position will have direct impact in shaping and upholding our brand’s visual identity across key touchpoints.
What's the job really?
- Create beautiful, pixel-perfect landing pages, digital ads, and other visual assets
- Design and build interactive, responsive web pages for desktop and mobile
- Improve the site’s design and UX flow through ongoing updates and A/B testing
- Iterate rapidly on multiple designs and manage project deadlines
- Offer strategic insight into how to best visually represent Zipwhip’s brand and product
- Promote the visual style guide and help enforce design consistency across the organization
- Partner directly with stakeholders to understand and solve design problems
What you bring to the table:
- 3-5 years of experience as a Visual, Digital, Web, or UI/UX Designer
- BA/BS degree in Graphic Design, Web Design, Interface Design, Human-Computer-Interaction, or equivalent experience
- Proficient with Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite and prototyping tools like InVision
- Experience with WordPress a plus
- Exceptional portfolio highlighting related work
- Ability to develop concepts from sketches, UX flows, wireframes, prototypes through to final execution
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for creating beautiful, usable designs across devices
- Confident presenting your work and open to receiving feedback
- Deep knowledge of design principles in regards to layout, typography, and information hierarchy
- Creative and strategic thinker with the drive to execute with minimal direction
- Self-starter who can manage their own projects and deadlines
What we offer:
- A fun, lively startup culture and one of Seattle's coolest offices, located across the street from Safeco Field
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Complimentary access to a fitness center
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, PTO, and medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Complimentary snacks and beverages, a subsidized cafeteria with lunch made fresh every day, and free lunch on Fridays catered by local chefs
- Complimentary shuttle access to office from King Street Station, Ferry Terminal and Yesler/Occidental
Zipwhip values a diverse team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.