Zipwhip is a Seattle-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) company providing text messaging to businesses across North America through cloud-based software and a best-in-class API solution. One of the fastest growing tech companies in North America as ranked by Deloitte Fast 500 2017 and 2018, Zipwhip invented the technology that enables businesses to text using their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number and communicate with consumers the modern way.
Zipwhip is aggressively investing in our people, product offerings and processes. We are backed by Goldman Sachs, Microsoft Ventures, OpenView, Voyager Capital and a host of other investors, and are seeing rapid growth in both employees and revenue. Zipwhip is the only business-texting provider with direct connections to all Tier 1 and 2 wireless operators in the U.S., and we've delivered billions of texts to consumers nationwide.
Zipwhip employees come to work every day (to one of Seattle's coolest offices) inspired and ready to live out our DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. If you want to be part of an organization where highly motivated thinkers are empowered to change the way we communicate with the world around us, then we'd like to hear from you.
What we're looking for:
The Enterprise Sales Engineer will play a critical role in growing our F500 client base across the United States and Canada. Do you have a strong curiosity to understand enterprise business needs and technical requirements? Do you command a deep understanding of API centric architectures? You will lead solution design and integration between Zipwhip's platform, enterprise environments and 3rd party software partners.
Externally, you are driven to ensure an extraordinary solution design and experience for Zipwhip's enterprise customers. You will own defining the technical solution design required to win the hearts and minds of customers. Are you ready to combine your deep technical knowledge with your excellent interpersonal skills to confidently present to F500 Sr Executives? Although the role is primarily pre-sales, there may be a requirement to oversee production solution implementation, deployment and post-sales optimization for strategic accounts.
Internally, you partner closely with Sales and are a highly respected teammate. However, you will also establish trusted relationships with Engineering, Product Development, Product Marketing, and Customer Success. You take pride in championing the technical needs of our enterprise customers. You will be relentless problem solving and mobilizing resources to quickly resolve issues. At times you will write up detailed documentation of product feature improvement requirements. Your effort plays an influential role in building the enterprise business.
What's the job really?
- Actively partner with the Enterprise sales team throughout the sales process to assist in developing opportunity pursuit strategies, presentations, demonstrations, sales calls, workshops, customer solution design sessions, proof of concepts, pilots and production deployment oversight.
- Build technical demonstrations of new use cases.
- You lead the enterprise technical relationship and follow up on all technical issues.
- Utilize strong business insight to understand and communicate business requirements and solution strategy to customers and prospects.
- Establish technical credibility with internal and external partners.
- Regularly engage and represent enterprise customer requirements internally to provide feedback and find opportunities to further improve the Zipwhip enterprise offering, processes and customer experience.
- Complete technical responses to RFPs and RFIs.
- Travel (30 - 50% of time)
What you bring to the table:
- You have 5 years of F500 Enterprise SaaS experience in a technical customer facing role
- You are dynamic and persuasive in presenting ideas to clients from working team to C-level
- Proven experience and expertise integrating SaaS solutions in API centric architectures within F500 enterprise environments
- Strong understanding of common F500 security requirements
- Ability to develop business cases which communicate requirements and solutions strategy to Executive level enterprise prospects and customers.
- Analyze, structure, and internally and externally negotiate long-term technology roadmap features.
- Broad knowledge of technology trends and relevance to client's businesses
- Detail oriented
- Deliver on commitments
- S. Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a pre-sales technical customer facing role
What we offer:
- A fun, lively startup culture and one of Seattle's coolest offices.
- Core values-based leadership.
- A culture of employee engagement-lively weekly company updates as 1 example.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Complimentary access to a fitness center.
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage.
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, PTO, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Complimentary snacks, complimentary beverages, a subsidized cafeteria with lunch made fresh every day, and free lunch on Fridays catered by local chefs.
- Complimentary shuttle access to office from King Street Station, Ferry Terminal and Yesler/Occidental.
Zipwhip values an inclusive and diverse team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.