Zipwhip is a Seattle-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) company providing text messaging to businesses across North America through cloud-based software and a best-in-class API solution. One of the 10 fastest-growing companies in Seattle as ranked by Inc., Zipwhip invented the technology that enables businesses to text using their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number and communicate with consumers the modern way.
Zipwhip is aggressively investing in our people, product offerings and processes. We are backed by Goldman Sachs, Microsoft Ventures, OpenView, Voyager Capital and a host of other investors, and are seeing rapid growth in both employees and revenue. Zipwhip is the only business-texting provider with direct connections to all Tier 1 and 2 wireless operators in the U.S., and we've delivered billions of texts to consumers nationwide.
Zipwhip employees come to work every day (to one of Seattle's coolest offices) inspired and ready to live out our DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. If you want to be part of an organization where highly motivated thinkers are empowered to change the way we communicate with the world around us, then we'd like to hear from you.
What we're looking for:
We are looking for a creative problem-solver that is interested in working on a product that is transforming the way businesses communicate with their customers. This job is right for you if...
- You get excited about tackling big, complicated, and often ambiguous problems
- You understand that human behavior is complex and changing behavior is a lot harder than building features
- You love products, trying new things, asking yourself why did they build it that way
- You sweat the small stuff but keep your eye on the big picture
- You are comfortable collaborating cross-functionally
- You've got good UX instincts - you won't need to do your own design but you'll need to work effectively with your designer and researcher peers
- You enjoy thinking analytically - you won't be expected to write SQL queries but you'll need to work effectively with your data analyst peer
What's the job really?
- Become an expert and evangelist for how text messaging can transform businesses
- Lead cross-functional teams of UX, Design, Analytics, Customer success, Marketing to deliver features from conception to launch
- A/B test everything (including our own instincts and assumptions)
- Build iteratively, and ship quickly - it keeps us humble
- Be hands on, analyze customer and competitive data, and write product specifications with a clear hypothesis and measurable success metrics - it keeps us grounded
- Be responsible for communicating all aspects of your product to the entire company
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years of customer facing product management
- You have experience building products for businesses both large and small
- Bachelor's degree. MBA preferred - or equivalent experience
What we offer:
- A fun, lively startup culture and one of Seattle's coolest offices.
- Core values-based leadership.
- A culture of employee engagement-lively weekly company updates as 1 example.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Complimentary access to a fitness center.
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage.
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, PTO, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Complimentary snacks, complimentary beverages, a subsidized cafeteria with lunch made fresh every day, and free lunch on Fridays catered by local chefs.
- Complimentary shuttle access to office from King Street Station, Ferry Terminal and Yesler/Occidental.
Zipwhip values a diverse team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.