Zipwhip is a Seattle-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) company providing text messaging to businesses across North America through cloud-based software and a best-in-class API solution. One of the 10 fastest-growing companies in Seattle as ranked by Inc., Zipwhip invented the technology that enables businesses to text using their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number and communicate with consumers the modern way.
Zipwhip is aggressively investing in our people, product offerings and processes. We are backed by Microsoft Ventures, OpenView, Voyager Capital and a host of other investors, and are seeing rapid growth in both employees and revenue. Zipwhip is the only business-texting provider with direct connections to all Tier 1 and 2 wireless operators in the U.S., and we've delivered billions of texts to consumers nationwide.
Zipwhip employees come to work every day (to one of Seattle's coolest offices) inspired and ready to live out our DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. If you want to be part of an organization where highly motivated thinkers are empowered to change the way we communicate with the world around us, then we'd like to hear from you.
What we're looking for:
The Events Manager is responsible for planning, managing and growing assigned events, including tradeshows, tradeshow-related events, regional event series, partner events and corporate internal events. Responsibilities include event strategy, segmentation and planning, project planning, vendor (booth, shipping, logistics, swag, convention center services, etc.) relationship management, partner relationship management, lead/prospect management and event ROI analysis. Drive the development of event playbooks for Tier 1 events that include event summary details, coverage schedules, key event messaging, target prospect lists, related events summaries, travel schedules and lead/prospect goals and objectives. Role will work closely with key internal partners including sales, business development, product marketing, demand generation, communications and finance. More than 50% travel required.
What's the job really?
- Plan, manage and grow all aspects of assigned Zipwhip events including tradeshows, tradeshow-related events, partner events, regional event series, and corporate events.
- Manage and execute operational plans and associated playbooks for key events, including event summary details, coverage schedules, key event messaging, target prospect lists, related events summaries, travel schedules and lead/prospect goals and objectives.
- Manage vendor relationships and coordinate detailed events logistics, orders and payments, including securing event locations, selecting convention booth space, managing booth exhibit design and logistics, arranging for party event spaces and audiovisual requirements, coordinating entertainment, catering and swag, scheduling travel and other arrangements as necessary.
- Provide timely reporting of performance metrics, analysis of results, and benchmark against established ROI objectives. Recommend changes and improvements to maximize the return on our events investments.
- Remain current on new trends in events management and exhibit design and technologies that can be used to enhance the product demo experience.
- Manage events budgets on plan.
- Travel 50%+ per year to events all over the United States and eventually international as well.
What you bring to the table:
- 3-5 years of experience in event planning, with tradeshow and corporate event focus
- Project management leadership skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and directions.
- Strong presentation, listening and communication skills.
- Manage challenging situations and stakeholders, including vendor relationships
- Strong attention to detail
- Capable of independent and strategic thinking
- Engaged, flexible, motivated and success driven
- This job does include traveling to events and customer sites, as-needed - as much as 50% of the time. Employee should be able to travel domestically in the US as well as internationally and possess all necessary paperwork (ex: ID card, driver's license, passport, etc.).
- This job requires flexibility to work outside of typical business hours, including evenings, weekend, and holidays as it relates to the need of the job.
- This job may include the moving, handling, and/or carrying of heavy materials. Ability to lift up-to 40 pounds on occasion is required.
- This job may also include repetitive bending, prolonged standing, twisting, stooping, squatting, ascending/descending, reaching, and lifting of materials related to the task.
What we offer:
- A fun, lively startup culture and one of Seattle's coolest offices, located across the street from Safeco Field
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Complimentary access to a fitness center
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, PTO, and medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Complimentary snacks, complimentary beverages, a subsidized cafeteria with lunch made fresh every day, and free lunch on Fridays catered by local chefs
- Complimentary shuttle access to office from King Street Station, Ferry Terminal and Yesler/Occidental
Zipwhip values a diverse team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.