Zipwhip is a Seattle-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) company providing text messaging to businesses across North America through cloud-based software and a best-in-class API solution. One of the 10 fastest-growing companies in Seattle as ranked by Inc., Zipwhip invented the technology that enables businesses to text using their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number and communicate with consumers the modern way.
Zipwhip is aggressively investing in our people, product offerings and processes. We are backed by Microsoft Ventures, OpenView, Voyager Capital and a host of other investors, and are seeing rapid growth in both employees and revenue. Zipwhip is the only business-texting provider with direct connections to all Tier 1 and 2 wireless operators in the U.S., and we've delivered billions of texts to consumers nationwide.
Zipwhip employees come to work every day (to one of Seattle's coolest offices) inspired and ready to live out our DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. If you want to be part of an organization where highly motivated thinkers are empowered to change the way we communicate with the world around us, then we'd like to hear from you.
What we're looking for:
Do you love to take a business question and answer it with research? Enjoy challenging convention with data analytics? If you are creative, solutions-driven and have an innate way to solve problems with research and data, you'll love this position. This role requires a combination of analytical, big-picture, and critical thinking skills.
We are seeking a product researcher/analyst to join our product team in Seattle. This team is responsible for creating various Zipwhip products, reducing the barriers to experience our products, and helping customers get the most value from Zipwhip. It's a unique opportunity to partner with, guide and inspire by developing a deep understanding of the problems and unmet needs our current and future customers have, and uncovering meaningful insights to drive great design and innovation.
What's the job really?
- Own the compiling, analysis, and reporting of product data
- Leverage multiple data sources to design, develop, maintain, and analyze reporting that summarizes key product metrics and address strategic questions
- Utilize various tools to integrate data from disparate data sources that identify challenges, opportunities and implications for achieving business goals
- You'll support the Product Team to tell compelling stories with data, and juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Working with the User Research Manager you'll conduct a wide variety of mixed-method research studies from small to large with a variety of customer target groups
- You'll seek out open questions and develop fuzzy unknowns into formal research plans that will empower your team to gain meaningful insights into their customers
- You'll effectively communicate research insights and recommendations across Zipwhip, to inform our business strategy and improve the experience of our customers
- You'll empower product teams and others in the organization to get closer to customers by helping build out research initiatives
What you bring to the table:
- Knowledge of marketing research questionnaire design and sample selection is required
- Experience with evaluative qualitative research (e.g. in-person and remote usability & user testing, lab studies, RITE studies, intercept interviews, task analysis etc.)
- Experience with quantitative research (e.g. survey research, experimental design, A/B tests, benchmarking, log data analysis)
- Data & coding skills (R, SQL, data visualization)
- Very strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Passion for building amazing products that people love
- Experience with formative qualitative research (e.g. ethnography, contextual enquiry, workplace interviews, Jobs to Be Done, diary studies, competitive analysis etc.)
- Ability to synthesize and distill large amounts of qualitative survey comments (verbatims) into themes. Familiarity with machine learning tools and/or text analytics a plus
- Ability to prioritize and manage assignments to meet deadlines and establish solid relationships
- Experience with Pendo, Salesforce, PowerBI, Tableau, or SPSS a plus
- 2+ years of experience researching cross-platform digital products and/or services. Bonus points for experiences with commercial B2B, SaaS or Mobile products
- An understanding of user-centered design principles and UX best practices
- Excellent communication skills, i.e. the ability to communicate your research findings in creative and impactful ways, combined with a strong attention to detail
- Strong sense of independence, ownership, and initiative; ability to determine what to work on, how to accomplish it, and when to deliver
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- Team-oriented and collaborative
What we offer:
- A fun, lively startup culture and one of Seattle's coolest offices, located across the street from Safeco Field
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Complimentary access to a fitness center
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, PTO, and medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Complimentary snacks and beverages, a subsidized cafeteria with lunch made fresh every day, and free lunch on Fridays catered by local chefs
- Complimentary shuttle access to office from King Street Station, Ferry Terminal and Yesler/Occidental
Zipwhip values a diverse team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.