Zipwhip is a Seattle-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) company providing text messaging to businesses across North America through cloud-based software and a best-in-class API solution. One of the 10 fastest-growing companies in Seattle as ranked by Inc., Zipwhip invented the technology that enables businesses to text using their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number and communicate with consumers the modern way.
Zipwhip is aggressively investing in our people, product offerings and processes. We are backed by Microsoft Ventures, OpenView, Voyager Capital and a host of other investors, and are seeing rapid growth in both employees and revenue. Zipwhip is the only business-texting provider with direct connections to all Tier 1 and 2 wireless operators in the U.S., and we've delivered billions of texts to consumers nationwide.
Zipwhip employees come to work every day (to one of Seattle's coolest offices) inspired and ready to live out our DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. If you want to be part of an organization where highly motivated thinkers are empowered to change the way we communicate with the world around us, then we'd like to hear from you.
What we're looking for:
Zipwhip is rapidly transforming text messaging and we are looking for a DevOps Engineer to help take our software to the next level. The DevOps Engineer will work closely with the operations and development teams to deliver new product features and enhancements to customers. Our dev team will count on your knowledge and experience with build and deployment infrastructure to help guide us towards best practices that provides the platform with the features it needs to achieve our goals. You'll need to be comfortable in a hands-on fast-paced environment working with pretty much everyone - developers, operations, and support.
You will be directly responsible for maintaining, improving, and optimizing our platform tools and CI/CD pipeline. This person will have the opportunity to help Zipwhip deliver high quality software faster, securely, and more frequently!
What's the job really?
- Manage Continuous Integration process and systems from development through test, QA, and production
- Create, manage, and maintain fully functional pre-production environments
- Work closely with development and product teams to onboard new projects into the CI/CD pipeline
- Collaborate with development and operations teams to build and maintain tools for deployment and monitoring
- Create and implement branch and merge strategies
- Continually analyze and improve the tooling supporting the CI/CD pipeline
- Support development team for deployment of hotfixes and new features in our platform
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree in an associated area, or equivalent experience, is required
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Proven collaboration skills in highly technical engineering teams, with excellent communication skills
- Experience participating in an on-call rotation and excellent troubleshooting skills are a requirement
- Strong experience with Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
- Strong experience with version control systems (Git, SVN)
- Hands-on experience working with build tools (Maven, Gradle, Ant)
- Experience building and running Docker containers in a production environment
- Familiar with container orchestration systems (Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker Swarm, Rancher)
- Prior experience managing Linux systems in a production environment
- Strong scripting proficiency (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Familiar working with both on premise hypervisors (VMWare, Hyper-V) and public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP) a big plus
- Track issues and follow them to resolution by engaging other engineering teams
- Understanding of what is required to have a successful and secure CI/CD pipeline
- Passionate about cloud-based and open source build/deploy technologies
- Startup experience and working on projects in a great SaaS/Cloud company a plus
What we offer:
- A fun, lively startup culture and one of Seattle's coolest offices, located across the street from Safeco Field
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Complimentary access to a fitness center
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, PTO, and medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Complimentary snacks and beverages, a subsidized cafeteria with lunch made fresh every day, and free lunch on Fridays catered by local chefs
- Complimentary shuttle access to office from King Street Station, Ferry Terminal and Yesler/Occidental
Zipwhip values a diverse team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.